User

Default Rebarreling a Howa to .375 H&H.

Has anyone re-barreled a Howa 1500 (say in .300 win mag) to .375 H&H? Weatherby offers their Vanguard model (which use a Howa action) in .375 H&H. .375 H&H factory rounds fit in my Howa's magazine and the loaded round ejects through the ejection port.

User

Default Re: Rebarreling a Howa to .375 H&H.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Has anyone re-barreled a Howa 1500 (say in .300 win mag) to .375 H&H? Weatherby offers their Vanguard model (which use a Howa action) in .375 H&H. .375 H&H factory rounds fit in my Howa's magazine and the loaded round ejects through the ejection port.
    I think you have answered your own question.

Banned

If the 300WM's barrel is "shot" then 375HH might be a viable option. If not then why not a 375Ruger Howa?

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    If the 300WM's barrel is "shot" then 375HH might be a viable option. If not then why not a 375Ruger Howa?
    It will be a re-barrel of a shot out .300WM. The .375 Ruger will work, but I prefer the H&H.

User

I was going to go the Howa 375 Ruger route for a cheap modified rifle. A large game reserve near me bought 5 and they have been sitting in the safe. Reason why they were struggling to chamber rounds. Gave them all a try and picked up issues on the lot. Cartridge not feeding and jamming. So that scrapped that idea for me.

The H&H makes sense. Easy to find and cheap. Following with interest.

Banned

Go for it. I have taken some "f?k jou skote" with mine that have luckily resulted in kills. A 235 - 250gr bullet gives a flat trajectory with plenty hitting power and a biggish size hole.

I had a .375 R Howa that I sold. The reason is that I got a 375 HH Zkk at a good price. I like BRNO's and CZ's I have four. However if it got to feeding the Howa push feed, was kicking butt compared to all the Brno's and CZ's that I have.

That push feed without the rim is so easy, you just drop a bullet in and close it if your mag is empty, while the cz you must push the bullet down into the mag so that big BRNO extractor can pick it up.