Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SORRY!!!!

Default SORRY!!!!

Today I am for the first time in my 20 years of firearm ownership at a loss for words. During the 20yr period I applied very successfully for 5 firearm licenses and always had very good service from my local DFO and the CFR.

October 2023 handed in renewal for S13 + competency and new S15, knowing that during festive things weren't going to move much I reserved any inquiry on the progress of the applications till now. To my utter dismay I find out all three my applications seems to have dissappeared after the DFO logged it on the system in October, no reason or explanation given just sorry......

Surely somehow the DFO needs to be held accountable in some way for not properly doing his duty. I know that I'll have to pretty much redo everything from scratch but I just cant leave this here and chalk it up to badluck.

Anybody had similar experience?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: SORRY!!!!

Sorry to hear, that's a ballache. I haven't had a license app go missing but I did have a competency renewal simply not get processed. Submitted renewals for once certificate that had 3 comps on it and one that had the other. The single comp was processed but the triple simply wasn't.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 9MM RSA View Post
    Today I am for the first time in my 20 years of firearm ownership at a loss for words. During the 20yr period I applied very successfully for 5 firearm licenses and always had very good service from my local DFO and the CFR.

October 2023 handed in renewal for S13 + competency and new S15, knowing that during festive things weren't going to move much I reserved any inquiry on the progress of the applications till now. To my utter dismay I find out all three my applications seems to have dissappeared after the DFO logged it on the system in October, no reason or explanation given just sorry......

Surely somehow the DFO needs to be held accountable in some way for not properly doing his duty. I know that I'll have to pretty much redo everything from scratch but I just cant leave this here and chalk it up to badluck.

Anybody had similar experience?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
    Speak to Martin Hood and team. Magically after they've intervened with my applications that went missing all were found a week later, on track and approved sommer way ahead of schedule.

I applied for 7 renewals in a single batch a couple of years ago. One stack of paperwork.
    3 were approved, the other 4 are still missing.

I mean? How?

User

I feel that the personnel at cfr feels like 5 (maybe less) applications for the day and the rest gets binned to be lost.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Speak to Martin Hood and team. Magically after they've intervened with my applications that went missing all were found a week later, on track and approved sommer way ahead of schedule.
    Martin Hood works magic for sure, he helped a fiend of mine with his security companie's applications and he did wonders but it is costly. If you are an average Joe aka sport shooter/hobby shooter it might not be an option.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    Martin Hood works magic for sure, he helped a fiend of mine with his security companie's applications and he did wonders but it is costly. If you are an average Joe aka sport shooter/hobby shooter it might not be an option.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk
    Just like we need to be accountable, so must saps. It's very easy for them to shrug shoulders and say oops, and expect you to resubmit everything and pay twice. What if your licence is now at 80 days before expiry when you resubmit? Saps will throw the book at you,even if you did it on time the first time you submitted. Fuck that, you should have proof of payment, go to GOSA attorney or someone like Martin Hood and get the pressure on them to resolve their fuckup.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Funny how that is...

User

GOSA got a blockage cleared for me a few years ago. I'd brick walled on getting a pistol that I'd bought transferred to dealer stock and they had it flying along within days of me calling them.

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Just like we need to be accountable, so must saps. It's very easy for them to shrug shoulders and say oops, and expect you to resubmit everything and pay twice. What if your licence is now at 80 days before expiry when you resubmit? Saps will throw the book at you,even if you did it on time the first time you submitted. Fuck that, you should have proof of payment, go to GOSA attorney or someone like Martin Hood and get the pressure on them to resolve their fuckup.
    No.
    You (hopefully) have proof that you submitted.
    The law says your old licenses stay valid until the new ones are issued. Nothing in the law says you have to do it again.

The problem of course is proving that to a bribe-hungry cop next to the road late at night...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast