Page 64 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

Went to visit my DFO yesterday to see if my card was there. Didn't get the SMS but I thought I'll just check. No luck.

Got the license approved SMS about two weeks back. He says from what he seen recently it is about 4 weeks for cards to be printed. SAPS is no longer handling the printing of license cards. It is now being done by the Government Printing Works. So once your license is approved it gets sent to GPW for printing and then cards are sent back to CFR, then distributed to provincial offices and then the DFOs can collect. He says that the GPW is also trying to catch up on backlog from when SAPS was handling it.

If your DFO is nice he will be able to check what the printing status is on their system.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHS1 View Post
    Went to visit my DFO yesterday to see if my card was there. Didn't get the SMS but I thought I'll just check. No luck.

Got the license approved SMS about two weeks back. He says from what he seen recently it is about 4 weeks for cards to be printed. SAPS is no longer handling the printing of license cards. It is now being done by the Government Printing Works. So once your license is approved it gets sent to GPW for printing and then cards are sent back to CFR, then distributed to provincial offices and then the DFOs can collect. He says that the GPW is also trying to catch up on backlog from when SAPS was handling it.

If your DFO is nice he will be able to check what the printing status is on their system.
    DFO can only give you the info that the CFR sees when it has gone to the GPW. My local DFO informed me to contact the Provincial office to follow up. Not sure how this would help.
    Sometimes it feels like everyone is only trying to pass you off to the next so that you stop bugging them.

User

Approved 24 January, card in hand today 03 March....

Got one last week that was approved in September last year. 5 months!!!

Banned

I called provincial today(Bisho) my card was printed 15feb and they have over 100 cards for Walmer

Finally got mine today. From 20 January till 4 March to print and collect.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

SHEEET, this is f...kup, to put it mildly ! I'm waiting for a card since 20 December ! I know its a remote chance, but theoretically they can go pickup the new fire arm from the dealer with that cards...?

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    SHEEET, this is f...kup, to put it mildly ! I'm waiting for a card since 20 December ! I know its a remote chance, but theoretically they can go pickup the new fire arm from the dealer with that cards...?
    That will probably be quite difficult to trace unless they have someone inside CFR that can check previous owner details on the application forms. But most of the dealers I've dealt with still require you to provide some sort of proof of purchase

User

So... it has no been over 5 weeks since my approval. I have been sitting on the DFO. They told me last week Monday that they were going to collect cards that Tuesday. Nothing happened. I was at their offices this week Wednesday. "We have not collected card in a while sir" is the answer, "but you should get yours, we are going today to collect".

Today I phone them as I was convinced I should have received an SMS by now. Polity informed that they did not go and collect cards. It has now been weeks without them collecting cards. I tell her that they are dragging feet now, I would have had my card if they collected as they said they would. She blabbers on about the whole process and how it takes 6 weeks, in ignorance of the fact that they have not bothered to actually go and collect cards in the last three weeks. FFS, this is frustrating...

Page 64 of 129 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast