Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

Just an average of my 2018/2019 duration between the "SAPS MESSAGE.....LICENSE HAS BEEN APPROVED" SMS and the actual collection of the cards via the DFO:

Section 13 Pistol: 46 working days (1st half 2018)
    Section 15 Manual Rifle: 20 working days (second half 2018)
    Section 16 S/A Shotgun: 16 working days (1st Half 2019)
    Section 16 S/A Rifle: 20 working days (2nd Half 2019)

Average: 26 working days

User

So I received approval SMS on 01 October 2019. (SAPS msg: Licence Ref. #calibre 9MM PAR (9X19MM) s/n # was approved. SAPS will notify you when licence can be collected.

Then received the collection SMS on 16 October 2019 (SAPS msg: Licence# for calibre 9MM PAR (9X19MM) s/n# can be collected. Contact your relevant DFO.

I still called Roodepoort DFO office to confirm before I drove there to collect. FYI license Section 15 (Occasional Sport Shooting).
    Firearm: CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW 9mmP.

Received my approval SMS on 26 November last year and when I called the CFR late December they said my card hadn't been printed yet.
    Is this normal?
    Been trying to call again this week but can't get through.

Angry Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

Hi guys .
    I phone Cfr last week to find out if my card was printed the guy that I spoke to said that my card was printed and that it would be send to provincial in Bhiso by last Friday . I phoned them again today only to find out that my card was not printed yet and that I must phone them again every week to check . This is not on clearly someone is not doing there job here , and now they giving us wrong info also . I dont know where to from here and my app was approved on the 13th of December .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ashley View Post
    Hi guys .
    I phone Cfr last week to find out if my card was printed the guy that I spoke to said that my card was printed and that it would be send to provincial in Bhiso by last Friday . I phoned them again today only to find out that my card was not printed yet and that I must phone them again every week to check . This is not on clearly someone is not doing there job here , and now they giving us wrong info also . I dont know where to from here and my app was approved on the 13th of December .
    How does it surprise you that a government employee is not doing their job?? They probably closed for December, but 4-12 weeks, even 18 weeks can be the norm...

User

I heard at Vanderbijlpark SAPS that they have not received any license cards this year, and saw on the approval thread that another DFO said the same.... Something about problems at the printers? Can anyone confirm if there is an actual delay?

User

I heard from the guys at Western Cape Flash that they are 11000 cards behind. My last application was approved 18 Jan 2020 and as yet nothing. My wife had an application approved 4 weeks ago, also no card yet. So it seems that there is a problem. I even phoned the government printers directly to inquire but they refused point blank to speak to me.

Vanderbijlpark DFO, AR15 section 16 approved 23rd December still waiting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSG View Post
    Vanderbijlpark DFO, AR15 section 16 approved 23rd December still waiting.
    FFS

User

Just got a message that my wife`s card is ready for collection, so it seems about 4 weeks.

Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast