Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Default Re: License cards... HOW LONG CAN THEY TAKE?

Quote Originally Posted by seventy7 View Post
    Mine was approved 27th and now the long wait. Can't stand this.
    Can confirm, definitely in for a long wait. Spoke to lady at provincial and she advised being printed in Pretoria now and awaiting on cards to print on. Order for plastic was placed at beginning feb.. lmk

User

Was at my DFO this morning as I am also waiting, since the move over to a government department the cards have dried up. Normally they collect between 50 - 80 cards a week, last week they got 4 and this week 2. Seems like another well thought out move.

User

i have been waiting for my card for 4weeks now, went to the dfo again this morning and i was told they have not received any cards since January. apparently the printing of cards has been outsourced and should wait for the message that says i should go and collect.

User

Does the DFO still have to log into the system and acknowledge receipt of the card in order for the SMS to be sent?

I have a nasty feeling my DFO doesn't do this.

User

I have sent a mail to a few Complaint email addresses in SAPS last week. I stated that my new license approved in Feb and that I don't have the printed card yet. I said I would like to log a complaint and that they must please send me a complaint number for the complaint logged.
    Do you think it is the right way to do things? My thinking is that if an official complaint is logged then they have to act on it. Where as if you just phone, they can tell you anything they want and no one has to follow up and ultimately do something about it.

A Lt General did rely the next day to ask if it was for a renewal or a new license. I said it is for a new license, but have not heard anything back yet. Do you think anything will come of it, or am I wasting my time.

Will follow up later this week with another mail insisting on a complaint number.

User

I got this from a friend. Don't know how authentic, but does explain a bit what is going on with card printing.

I am in the same boat, also received my approval in Feb and now waiting for my license card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    I got this from a friend. Don't know how authentic, but does explain a bit what is going on with card printing.
    I own a large commercial printing works..
    We can print 20 000 personalized cards in well under 7 days.
    I wish I had the luxury of running my plant as poorly as they do and still being in business..

User

The card printing system is currently mixed up my wife had her glock 26 approved 5th december card didnt come i had .223 slr approved in jan the card came a week later after i applied for a reprint on my wifes 26 it came a week later as well my glock 19 was approved in jan but no card so im not sure if they are working with any kind of system

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

My brother has 2 new licenses that have been approved. His DFO is of opinion that cards will only be recieved maby during June. "There is a back log. The contracted printers are not printing anymore. Gov printing must do it, but they must still get the training and hang of the system before they can start. There is a lot of problems, so sorry, just wait. Don't ask again before June."

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast