Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I quite like pre64's postulation above....
    It does make sense and is certainly plausible

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    It does make sense and is certainly plausible

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    T...If an animal turns it's neck to one side,as in looking back over it's shoulder,then the skin on the outside of the neck pulls tight but the skin on the inside of the neck forms up in a series of folds.
    Imagine these loose folds of skin on a Blue or have a squizzie at pictures of a Blue with it,s head turned and the skin forms folds almost like waves coming onto a beach......[Oh hell,you are from the free state....imagine a windy day at the dam ].

Now if the Blue was quartering towards you and slightly lower, is it not possible that it was looking away from you when you shot? It is then quite feasible that the bullet entry went through the top of a skin fold [cutting the skin] and then entering the neck proper. Even in a dead straight line with no bullet deflection at all this would account for the 2 holes in close proximity.....Bullet entered on inside of neck on the loose skin side.
    You could very well be right. It does make sense.

User

Interesting. Didn't think about that.

Banned

Bullets do weird things once they impact with an object. From my army days on Barkly-Wes shooting range which had a rocky backstop. The bullet hit a rock and came back to nearly hit the corporal standing under the concrete abutment - I suppose many wished he had been hit. That was a a 180 degree reversal.

Trying to get rid of all the energy in the projectile creates these dancing cartwheels.

I also think that the skin folds are the answer to what happened with the BWB. The big hole in that Impala that I shot is still a mystery, except if the skin also folded over and was the ripped out.

Very good thought Pre64!

User

If it was a folded piece of skin the wounds would be horizontal instead of vertical.

Unless the animal was standing on it's head when T-stone shot it.

User

Common practice employed by the Free State Blue Wildebeest as an anti 'being shot' technique Messor.

It normally works for them as proved by the scarcity of such wounds as depicted by T. [There was however,no fooling him]

User

It was, as far as I could determine, standing on its four feet.

Banned

You did say that you were above it? I think the folded skin postulation is still the most feasible. Have you guys seen what force is displayed when the bullet hits the skin of an animal. Shock waves radiate outwards. New cameras show hits on beasts in slo-mo and the energy transfer is extensive.

In fractions of a second there could have been very funny displacements of loose skinfolds.

I have heard no suggestions as to the fist sized hole in the Impala's chest? It was open between me and the ram, so no external interference possible.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast