Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Re: Police station attacked - 5 SAPS dead...

Quote Originally Posted by geopat View Post
    Dont know why nobody is calling ot what it is an act of terrorism.
    https://twitter.com/GunSite_SA/status/966197408639148042

"Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    You want one of the most corrupt governments in the world today, who have repeatedly expressed their desire to disarm the civilian populace and expropriate private property without compensation, to be granted the powers of capital punishment, despite there being no evidence that it is even remotely successful in deterring violent crime and that there is a very real risk of completely innocent people being mistakenly put to death?
    Wonderfully put. I cannot believe people are asking for the death penalty.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    There is also the possibility that a lot of innocent people's lives can be saved as well. But I get your point, and have been told many times it's a silly idea. But perhaps it can make a difference in our country. Like I said perhaps. Anyway. I know it's a unpopular state on this forum. But I would vote Yes for capital punishment if ever I had the choice. Would the death penalty have prevented the murder of these 5 officers? Who can really be 100% sure with a yes or a no? As with everything in life, everything has positive and negative elements.
    I would fully support the reinstatement of the death penalty, under certain conditions. These conditions would include a set of sensible, non-discriminaty laws, proven impartiality and incorruptability of the judiciary, incorruptable and effective police force with proper investigative capabilities and a few more. Untill we can get to that point, there is the very real possibility that capital punishment will be employed by a corrupt regime to eliminate it's critics. In the mean time they will have to stick to assasinations, car accidents and the like for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I would fully support the reinstatement of the death penalty, under certain conditions. These conditions would include a set of sensible, non-discriminaty laws, proven impartiality and incorruptability of the judiciary, incorruptable and effective police force with proper investigative capabilities and a few more. Untill we can get to that point, there is the very real possibility that capital punishment will be employed by a corrupt regime to eliminate it's critics. In the mean time they will have to stick to assasinations, car accidents and the like for that purpose.
    They had all that in the UK. They still ended up executing innocent people who were subsequently exonerated. According to some data 5% to 6% of people executed were in fact subsequently proven innocent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

There can never be an argument for the death penalty IMHO

I strongly support the death penalty in principle. The practicalities thereof may complicate the issue in some cases - like in South Africa, amongst others.

User

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

Creatures that operate and rove in gangs murdering,robbing,torturing and raping are people?

How is not having the death penalty working for you chaps?

Hell,i do not know what the answer is but what i will say is that a human being is not capable of some of these acts of violence perpetrated against the often vulnerable and defenceless.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post

Creatures that operate and rove in gangs murdering,robbing,torturing and raping are people?

Hell,i do not know what the answer is but what i will say is that a human being is not capable of some of these acts of violence perpetrated against the often vulnerable and defenceless.
    I am very cautious of the death penalty. I would though wholeheartedly support something like the castle doctrine.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post

Revenge is not the same as justice. I do not say these people do not deserve the death penalty but because it has little deterrent value, risks executing innocents and is a massive opportunity for the government to be misused I am against it.

User

It's kinda weird seeing all the people on Facebook that said "Ban assault weapons to save innocent lives" a couple days ago, now proceed to comment on a crime post with the comment "Bring back the death penalty".

Hope the evil people who killed our boys in blue are caught. They should lock them up for life with no possibility of parole.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast