Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Trump moves to ban rapid-fire gun ‘bump stocks’

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has directed his attorney general to propose regulations that would ban bump stocks and similar devices "that turn legal weapons into machine guns," the president announced Tuesday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...deadly-n849706

User

Default Re: Trump moves to ban rapid-fire gun ‘bump stocks’

Anyone who thought him some champion of 2A rights has had a few reasons to rethink that in the past months

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Anyone who thought him some champion of 2A rights has had a few reasons to rethink that in the past months
    Given the current trend there, it's kinda hard for him to object. EDIT: 'current', wrong word.

For public pleasure, at least he is aiming at the add ons and not the metal bang bang thingy. Compromise i guess.

Maby the aid money they cutting from rest of the world can go into Mental Health works for their own people.

User

Other then the slope of all things slippery that most good intentions end up being on the bottom of, I don't think bump stocks, those silly fishing reel trigger things etc are such a bad idea to nuke. I understand we all have different ideas of sport shooting and some people "demolition ranch" go a bit further then most. If it boils down to a keep semi auto without ridiculous add on's vs loose them completely or end up with those uber smart California type restrictions I would rather have "just" a SLR.
    Besides didn't the beat the bump stock in fire rate with a normal trigger?

User

It's a slippery slope.

I personally don't think the bump stocks are anything other than guy crap. That said, banning stuff because of hysteria, if entertained will start expanding more and more. Good intentions or not. This is essentially the "how do you eat an elephant" scenario. How would you ban all guns? Bit by bit.

User

Slippery slope, maybe ?

But look at it this way...

1) I personally think a "bump-stock" is a silly thing. I have not heard of one top-tier / slightly known, etc sport shooter / firearm enthusiast using them, correct me if I'm wrong. This is just a silly add-on, but looking at videos on tube proofs that works pretty well.

2) Currently the US is working on two new f/a bills
    a) Concealed Carry permit bill to give nation wide the right to conceal carry.
    b) Do away with declaring schools and military basis as "gun-free zones".

In a way I see this as being a trade-off that will get approval from 99.99999% of US firearm owners.

When it comes to approving these bills in congress then he will have a point to argue that he just "banned" something that the public asked for.

Banned

At first I was inclined to ask whether this device circumvents the law. Basically that the law forbids full auto firearms, and by adding this stock I have something to the same effect as a full auto firearm.
    In this case it is understandable to have them banned.

Then it occured to me to ask what difference these stocks make. If one gets the same results with a standard semi-auto rifle and a bit of practice, it really makes no sense banning them.

Third, my thought is to ask how the banning of these stocks will influence the occurrence of school/mass shootings. Will using them have any influence on accuracy or amount of people wounded?

One should also ask if and why these stocks are so attractive. Are they really used in school shootings?

Finally - will banning

User

Bump fire stocks are retarded and serve no purpose besides a range toy.
    The problem is if he starts banning something deemed bad every time there's a mass shooting and pressure from the left.

User

Firearm sales are down. Propose a bill that limits some form of free firearm ownership.....
    Sales go up..

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Firearm sales are down. Propose a bill that limits some form of free firearm ownership.....
    Sales go up..
    100%

oh shit we have too much ammo in the USMC, lets announce that we banning the m855 green tip ammo, and laugh as its all bought up in a day

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast