Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Trump moves to ban rapid-fire gun ‘bump stocks’

The rate of innovation is much greater than the speed of legislation.

When bump stocks are banned, something else that does a better job will be invented.

Like where the .50BMG rifle is banned, people neck it down to .416 and carry on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    At first I was inclined to ask whether this device circumvents the law. Basically that the law forbids full auto firearms, and by adding this stock I have something to the same effect as a full auto firearm. In this case it is understandable to have them banned. Then it occured to me to ask what difference these stocks make. If one gets the same results with a standard semi-auto rifle and a bit of practice, it really makes no sense banning them. Third, my thought is to ask how the banning of these stocks will influence the occurrence of school/mass shootings. Will using them have any influence on accuracy or amount of people wounded? One should also ask if and why these stocks are so attractive. Are they really used in school shootings? Finally - will banning
    Sorry for the unfinished post. It slipped through. I wanted to delete the whole post and ask one simple question: will banning these stocks have an effect on school /mass shootings? No it won't because it won't change the minds and hearts of those who commit these crimes.

User

There is no need for a trade off, the stats do not justify it.

Also, the ATF has already expressed issues with such a ban being vague and undefined.

It's EXACTLY what we complain about the traditional antis doing, window dressing bullshit that won't resolve anything but limits what a law abiding person may own for their legal firearms that don't hurt anybody.

User

So BO was in the oval office for 8 years and not a single law restricting guns was ever passed during his term.
    Now they have a pro-2A prex in the office for how long. and the gun ban legislators are starting to build up momentum.
    Tell me how politics is not the worst scam show ever.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Anyone who thought him some champion of 2A rights has had a few reasons to rethink that in the past months
    Trump was actually a supporter of gun control (including an assault weapons ban) in the past. He is fickle and changes his position on the issues on a whim.

User

The biggest flaw in banning "assault weapons" and other guns is this:
    It assumes that people who are willing to commit mass murder are going to give a flying fuck about a law prohibiting them from acquiring and possessing certain dangerous weapons.

User

what they need to do is pass a law banning the hyena media outlets from naming and glorifying the shooter

Los angelas started the whole live coverage of car chases, and it has directly resulted in a mass increase of car chases

these mental f%^k ups that shoot up schools etc dont deserve a second of recognition by the world, i hold the same view with terror attacks

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    what they need to do is pass a law banning the hyena media outlets from naming and glorifying the shooter

Los angelas started the whole live coverage of car chases, and it has directly resulted in a mass increase of car chases

these mental f%^k ups that shoot up schools etc dont deserve a second of recognition by the world, i hold the same view with terror attacks
    Agree.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post

There are 2 sides to this issue.

While I think everyone will agree that these madmen should not be given any fame by the media, we have to decide wheither we want the media to report the news selectively. Mind you, they are already reporting the news as it suits them, not honestly as it happens...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast