Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Sharp rear sights and short people

My little guy is about hip high now and has bumped his head on my Trijicon HD rear sight a few times! Zero danger but just a little sharp kiss of steel.

He is aware of the nature of the tool and is being educated to have a healthy respect for firearms but it's tough when he goes in for a hug and makes contact.

He's growing up fast so he should be at a better height in few months!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Sharp rear sights and short people

I used to move my hand in front so that I controlled all that love and hugs.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

My little one is 3 years old and just over a metre tall, and he always bumps into it my Fa in the evening when I get back from work, he comes and gives me a running hug, then it's an "ow" when he bumps his head onto the top of the Fa, he then lifts my t-shirt and goes GaGa(excited) over the fact that I'm carrying!
    This happens every day!
    I carry AIWB

Banned

The next statement out of his mouth is "it's so cute, can I touch it?"
    I then tell him that "No, boy, this is a real gun that's dangerous to play with, you have your toy gun to play with, bring it here and I'll put it into your pants like daddy's"
    I think he's got over 10 guns all around the house and 1 or 2 in the vehicle.

User

I like the new titleYes they grow up fast, too fast sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by SWF View Post
    My little guy is about hip high now and has bumped his head on my Trijicon HD rear sight a few times! Zero danger but just a little sharp kiss of steel.He is aware of the nature of the tool and is being educated to have a healthy respect for firearms but it's tough when he goes in for a hug and makes contact.He's growing up fast so he should be at a better height in few months!Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I had the same with my youngest daughter, she's 3 now but after running full speed into my FA which i carry in the appendix pos a few times she now hits the brakes when she gets to me and puts her hands up so i can pick her up and hug her that way, this make for a much nicer hugging experience.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I may take flack for this..
    I banned all toy guns in my house and the my daughter and son grew up knowing guns handled under strict safety protocol that was repeated in their presence. This way they grew up knowing safety. Compare kids who play with toy guns, first thing they do is gun in hand, finger on trigger pointing at others. The other kids behave very differently. The kids with toy guns are most often allowed out on their own with minimal adult supervision and the differentiation between toy vs real gets blurred.

My post is a general post and not directed at anyone.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I may take flack for this..
    I banned all toy guns in my house and the my daughter and son grew up knowing guns handled under strict safety protocol that was repeated in their presence. This way they grew up knowing safety. Compare kids who play with toy guns, first thing they do is gun in hand, finger on trigger pointing at others. The other kids behave very differently. The kids with toy guns are most often allowed out on their own with minimal adult supervision and the differentiation between toy vs real gets blurred.

My post is a general post and not directed at anyone.
    I had a kid sized toy M16 in camo green that I use to love. Use to make up various situations and have fun (one was being in Vietnam, one was Somalia).
    Ran around the house diving for cover and pretending to wage imaginary wars with furniture and other inanimate objects. Never pointed it at a person. Never left the house.

Many days would have been really boring without my toy M16.

User

My son has some sweet 6 shooter cap guns and NERF guns. They get confiscated if he points or shoots in the direction of any person or animal. He also gets reprimanded for poor trigger discipline. One day when he is ready for his first pellet gun he will hopefully have a healthy respect for projectile launchers.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

User

I too put a ban on all toy guns.My daughter is now 16 and my GF kid is almost 10.In December he got a nerf Gun as it looks nothing like anything real and he also needs to practise good finger no pointing etc. He has been known to moan at his friends for poor finger discipline as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I may take flack for this..I banned all toy guns in my house and the my daughter and son grew up knowing guns handled under strict safety protocol that was repeated in their presence. This way they grew up knowing safety. Compare kids who play with toy guns, first thing they do is gun in hand, finger on trigger pointing at others. The other kids behave very differently. The kids with toy guns are most often allowed out on their own with minimal adult supervision and the differentiation between toy vs real gets blurred.My post is a general post and not directed at anyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast