Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5x5 Classifier

Default 5x5 Classifier

So just for interests sake. Who's done it and how did you fair compared to the old/er Classifiers ?

I remained the same classification. I dropped the head shot which is quite embarrassing

User

Default Re: 5x5 Classifier

Most we ran were pretty much on par with the normal one.

I am running a side by side comparison in a couple of weeks. Will post the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Grobbie.

User

From the 40 odd shooters only 1 managed to improve their 72rnd classification during the 5x5 both shot on the same day. Most achieved the same classification with a couple classifying lower during 5x5

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    From the 40 odd shooters only 1 managed to improve their 72rnd classification during the 5x5 both shot on the same day. Most achieved the same classification with a couple classifying lower during 5x5
    I have seen the same. I have been following the 5x5 results of all clubs shooting them for the last few weeks. Seems if you approach the 5x5 with the thought that "this is sooo easy", you are almost always going to get kicked in the balls. It all seems theoretically very easy. But then you have to actually do it, in reality, and then you see EX guys shooting MM times suddenly....5x5 she is an unforgeeeving beach.

User

For those of us who needed to Google it.

User

User

Cool vids! But, both these videos use the old scoring, which divided the points down into half, old timing guidelines, and the old "all 0" head target, or in the case of the second video, a target the guy drew on paper himself. Also, both these videos are by guys who obviously shoot at a very high level. Masters will be masters. With the new scoring rules and classifier cut-off times, and targets, and for the rest of us (unaided by superpowers), it is a little more challenging.

The new O-down Head shot Haunts me As I've mentioned in my original post, I dropped my attempt, not even -1 The Guys I SO-ed were so surprised when the majority classified below their original classification. She's a big beach this one. Some guys had 1 or 2 down, but time wise way off. I turned on the NO2 when it was my turn. Favouring speed over accuracy. My time was 30.76 including the 15 points down. Would love to shoot it more. Actually a great training drill for the sport, or at least that's how I see it.

User

I shot one last Wednesday at MDC, for BUG and CCP at the same time. The results of that one are not out yet, but I did classify upwards in both Bug and CCP. But to be honest I have been hovering around that for a few months now. For example I missed EX in BUG in the long Classifier in January by one second, and I had a stoppage in that one too. On the one at MDC, adrenaline unfortunately got the better of me. The first two strings were OK, but by the last two I was shaking so much I dropped two points, and in between strings the SO and I were looking at my shaking hands I held up and laughing at it. It was ridiculous lol. But thankfully I shot a good 26 anyway. 26 with a 26 :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast