Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    What other pistols do you own apart from the G19?If the answer is "none", then the answer to your "what new pistol" question is "Glock 17".If you do own a backup fighting pistol, then buy whatever you fancy, in which case you can do a damn sight worse than a Shadow 1.
    Yuup only the 19Thanks for the advice

User

Default Re: CZ po9 full size for IPSC prod.?

I shoot production with a P 09, it works just fine. The Shadow works better though (my wife has one and yes, I'm jealous).
    That said, I would recommend you heed the advice above and rather consider the G17, which is going to do the job just as well as a P09. I think there are many advantages to using the same type of platform for EDC and sport.
    Cannot believe I, as a CZ fan, just said that.....but it does make sense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Why would you want to shoot a Glock 19 in IPSC Std division? Production Division would be much better suited to the pistol. Or am I understanding this wrong?
    I stippled the frame on my 19....so did not have a choice ! Haha

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glocked View Post
    Makes sense now.

User

Something to consider (I own a P09, and do enjoy it) and the IPSC gurus can correct me if I'm wrong, but keep in mind the modifications you're allowed to do to a 'production' Shadow vs a 'production' 09.. I think it was Big T or Paul that said something simple as a CGW Guide Rod in your 09 takes you out of production..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glocked View Post
    And Glocked ran that 19 very very well in Standard

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel K20 View Post
    I shoot production with a P 09, it works just fine. The Shadow works better though (my wife has one and yes, I'm jealous).
    That said, I would recommend you heed the advice above and rather consider the G17, which is going to do the job just as well as a P09. I think there are many advantages to using the same type of platform for EDC and sport.
    Cannot believe I, as a CZ fan, just said that.....but it does make sense.
    I can agree with this. I think most will agree that a CZ Shadow 1/2 (or one of the Tanfoglios) would be the ultimate IPSC Production Division tool. That is, if you are competitive already and have plans to win the nationals. The guns are somewhat specialized and definitley not intended to serve as back-up EDC.

If you want to use IPSC as a training tool to improve your marksmanship skills and get some much-needed practise, while having fun too, then I would recommend something very similar to your EDC gun, which in this case would be a G17. You have the advantage of the same platform, shared parts, controls and method of operation. You can still be quite competitive, as one Bob Vogel has demonstrated repeatedly. You could also consider a G34 and then use it in IPSC Standard Division. Or get both...

But just to become a balanced all-round shooter, you should still get the Shadow one day.

User

My personal opinion. Get the 17. You will be shooting your carry gun a lot less, so you will be more comfortable having two guns on the same platform. Budget wise, your current rig will probably be good to use, and should you buy new extra mags, they can also be used as range mags in your 19 for when you do use that. Good luck with making your choice !

User

IMHO carry on with they 19 and buy a Shadow when you can.

If you haven't already rather put those available funds and upgrade the sights and add more mags... while you wait.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

Quote Originally Posted by Bauermn View Post

I feel the 19 is holding me back sometimes depending on the stage layout.
    Please provide additional detail on the above so that we can understand where the issue lies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast