Default Tikka 3 (243/300) scope setup and changes

Hi there,

I bought 2 x Tikka 3 Hunters. one is a 243 and the other a 300WM. Both is currently kitted as follow:
    · 243 - Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm – Normal Plex crosshair
    · 300 – Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40mm Ballistic Plex E1
    · Both will be fitted with Warrior Ultimate silencers (Silencer and internal + external break)
    I would like to use the 300 mainly for long distance shooting of 500m+ and the 243 for varmint control and hunting. I was looking at the Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-24x56 for the 243 mainly because of the 30mm tube and illumination for nights shooting. I am push for budget so looking at either the Hawke or Vortex scope.

My questions
    · Are the Hawke scopes as good as they say for the price?
    · Will the Burris 4.5-14-42 be enough for the 300? What is the min x size for needed for long range shooting of 500m+?
    · What other changes/additions should I make to the 243 to make the setup ideal for Varmint control?

Default Re: Tikka 3 (243/300) scope setup and changes

I have Hawke on my PCP. I would not put on rifle. Although they say you can.

When I was in market while back for scope on 308.
    Guys who do tactical long range shoots said you really do not need much more then 16x at long range.

I ended up buying a Lynx LX3 5-30.

User

Bought a 4-16 Sidewinder a while back. Mounted on a RSA musgrave, to make a long story short I exchanged it for a nikon prostaff 7 which was much better.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

User

I bought a Hawke Endurance 2-7 with IR two replace a Burris Fullfield II 2-7 on a Marlin 336. Bought it sight unseen because there weren’t any locally to look through but I wanted IR. Once I got it I thought the glass significantly inferior to the Burris and the reticle wasn’t very bright. I kept the Burris and sold the Hawke. I’d go Burris over Hawke any day.