Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Default Re: The land grab thread

Unfortunately, due to decades of propaganda in the media and academia, left-wing ideology is excused as being for the good of everyone and just badly implemented...

If the vast majority of all of us could just understand the full horror of communism, this might be the most unifying moment since 1995

User

User

"Every land in South Africa should be expropriated without compensation and it will be under the state. The state should be the custodian of the land," he explained.

User

My question is:If we sit back and accept the free taking of hard aquired land,farms,homes,smallholdings.What would be next?Your vehicle,boat,caravan,firearms?By merely accepting one act,who is to say it will not further escalate into total stripping of possessions and in the process marginalizing private ownership?Making the need for private enterprise superfluous?Then we all can lazily sit back and wait for the government to pay an equal salary to all,whether you are a medical doctor,cleaner or farmer.This route cannot end well in my opinion.

User

They will use this to nationalize pension funds which is the ultimate goal. Few trillion Rands up for grabs.

Now you will also never be able to pay off your house for a comfortable pension. You will have municipal account and land rent to pay and all of this on a state pension allowance, oh and don't worry about health care, NHI will have you waiting in endless queues for shitty medical care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    Talking about credit. If 80% of your farm still belongs to the bank. What then?
    The cynic in me says: still your problem.

I'll be honest and say that I am not all that active in following some of the more "politically" driven things in our country, but this one has me worried, even as a noob...

User

I am afraid this is the stat ofthe end and welcome to bongo bongo land. Now waht to do. Get your money out of the country , the rand will be at 50 to one in a few years, Just look North. But do not worry the World Food Programme and the rest of the Un will be delivering humanitarian aid..,.ahhhhhhhhhh

User

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    I'll be honest and say that I am not all that active in following some of the more "politically" driven things in our country, but this one has me worried, even as a noob...
    Be worried, remember the concepts are intertwined.

When you go to someone and tell him you are going to take away his livelihood, it's best done knowing he is not armed.
    If they are going to push the land agenda they will have to push the disarm agenda as well.

The path they are going down leads to only one place.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Be worried, remember the concepts are intertwined.

When you go to someone and tell him you are going to take away his livelihood, it's best done knowing he is not armed.
    If they are going to push the land agenda they will have to push the disarm agenda as well.

The path they are going down leads to only one place.
    You should repeat his at each and every opportunity.

Some (many) people will only grasp the essence of the matter when they are getting hungry and there is no more food to eat...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Check your bond docs, nationalization is excluded...
    True but don't think that the banks will not have any risk. Look at the USA after 2008.Lots of people who realised that their property was worth way less than what they owed just locked the door and gave the keys to the bank telling them "it's your problem now".

Since most property value in SA is tied into the land value it is not unthinkable to have the majority bonds much higher than the property value.

Also wonder how this would affect rates since those are linked to property value too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast