Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Advanced driving course

Who has done some? Which ones, and was it worth it?

I am very seriously considering the BMW course, mainly because I drive one, and you get to drive an M3...

I am pretty sure my insurance does not allow me to drive my car on a track, so driving my own car is not really an option, but whatever couse I do, it has to be a rear wheel drive car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Note that although I live in Cape Towns and would prefer to do a good course here, Gauteng is also an option as I travel there rugularly.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Advanced driving course

I’m doing the advanced bmw course at zwartkops on the 8th of March. Pretty excited.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    I’m doing the advanced bmw course at zwartkops on the 8th of March. Pretty excited.
    How long before the time did you have to book?

User

Hmmm, hard to say. It was included in the sale of my M3 when I got it a few weeks back. I had a few dates I could pick during that week. So at a guess you’d need to book at least a month in advance. I can PM you the details of the lady handling the bookings if you like.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    Hmmm, hard to say. It was included in the sale of my M3 when I got it a few weeks back. I had a few dates I could pick during that week. So at a guess you’d need to book at least a month in advance. I can PM you the details of the lady handling the bookings if you like.
    M3... I hate you a little bit . I would hate you more if it wasn't for the fact that probably get double the mileage from a tank of fuel than you do. Please send me the details

User

Haha, not as much as my bank balance hates me. Yes, it’s thirsty, especially because it needs frequent ‘testing’. That being said, it’s still better than the previous gen M3 I had. Pretty much in the league of most N55 based cars. Unless you go WOT all the time. Which would be stupid and dangerous.

Im assuming you got a Diesel then?

Oh, PM sent. Nice lady.

Did my advanced driver course with BMW in 1993 at Kyalami. Really worth it, also from a perspective of getting out of situations such as attempted highjackings and the likes. You also get the chance to do and practice stuff like handbrake u-turns etc. on the skidpan and this gives you skills and confidence. It makes you a better and safer driver no doubt even if you think you are already a good driver. You also get discounts on your car insurance if you have done the course.

Advanced driving is a core skillset for Close Protection Operatives and therefore it is part of the course of companies such as Ronin.

User

I have done the Audi 4 Rings course a few years ago.
    Was great fun.
    Plus a friend suggested that i submit the certificate to my Insurance company, who then gave us a discount on our monthly rates.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Good call on submitting the certificate to the insurance. I didn’t even think of that.

I have done the Audi one. Great fun. Most people out there don’t have a clue what their cars are capable of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast