Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Star 9mm

User

Default Re: Star 9mm

In addition to the above, in my experience a lot of the problems in the SA Army was poor/zdero training leading to 'limp-wristing"

User

I owned a BKM alloy framed Star 9mm thirty years ago, it was the best gun I ever sold.

User

...sorry after reading that, my statement is very ambiguous..., there are so many better guns out there, Star is not one of them!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    In addition to the above, in my experience a lot of the problems in the SA Army was poor/zdero training leading to 'limp-wristing"
    Definitely that, but maintenance training too. The sharp-end troops were issued and trained with rifles. Pistols were mostly reserved for support troops who were not all that well trained and possibly even disciplined on things like weapon maintenance. I also doubt that many of the officers who were issued with pistols got any serious training on them.

Look, in the ultimate analysis the Star B was made to and purchased on a typically military-minded price point. It worked reasonably well, was reasonably reliable and it met the budgetary requirements. But those who were free to select their own sidearms mostly carried something else. I carried a Star B. I was happy with it but I don't really miss it at all. I'm far happier with an M&P 9, PX4 or similar.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4