Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Howa Bravo

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf777 View Post
    I am also waiting for mine, will give more feedback once it arrives but will be a while before I can shoot it. Check here for options.https://www.habitatafrica.co.za/prod...les/krg-bravo/
    If you're willing to go give up on a 26inch barrel it's just cheaper to buy a Howa Varmint or barrelled action and the stock. Hell, you could throw in a good set of rings and base or a Timney trigger and still come in cheaper than the packaged option.

User

Default Re: Howa Bravo

That was my initial plan and I actually started out like that on the payment plan, but trying to source everything seperately was just too much of a hassle for someone who has to buy stuff over the internet.

R8k for the action, R10k for the bravo stock/chassis, seperate places so add shipping on both.
    Also I did not find an option of the bravo stock coming with a mag so that adds another R1-1.5k, also from a different supplier, so paying shipping on all the various items also adds up.

I just decided screw it, asked if I could switch to the whole package when it came out and bought it that way since it is exactly the rifle I wanted. The interest free payment plan made it worth it for me as well and I think total shipping worked out R400, that is both for the documents and then the rifle once licensed. Which is by far the cheapest I've had to pay to get a rifle delivered to me, especially considering it is from the Western Cape to Limpopo. So all in all I am very happy, it just needs to get here now lol.

User

My Bravo arrived today. I have not had chance to fit the action into it yet but I did get to fit the front Picatinny rail and add a LOP spacer. Fit and finish is good, better than I thought it may be. I got a 10 round AccurateMag with it which looks good. There are lots of mounting options for rails and extra weights if required. Recoil pad feels like it could work well for heavy recoiling calibers. I'll post photos next week once I've put the action into it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    My Bravo arrived today. I have not had chance to fit the action into it yet but I did get to fit the front Picatinny rail and add a LOP spacer. Fit and finish is good, better than I thought it may be. I got a 10 round AccurateMag with it which looks good. There are lots of mounting options for rails and extra weights if required. Recoil pad feels like it could work well for heavy recoiling calibers. I'll post photos next week once I've put the action into it.
    Price?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    Price?
    R8,000

I put 20 rounds through it today. The stock is comfy, I like the grip a lot. That was my only complaint about the Smoking Guns stock I had it in before. I also had a cheek pad made (copied the Weibad mini pad, total cost R30).

Still just as accurate as the Smoking Guns

Banned

I see that Pietskiet has reviewed the new Oryx chassis, it's made by MDT, but supposed to be a cheaper range/brand.
    It's going for under 8k
    Any thoughts on it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I see that Pietskiet has reviewed the new Oryx chassis, it's made by MDT, but supposed to be a cheaper range/brand.
    It's going for under 8k
    Any thoughts on it?
    I briefly considered one but really don’t like the look of it. I also worry about the short surface at the bottom of the rear stock, not sure well it will work with a rear bag. Quality should be good as from MDT.
    I believe they’re R7000 but not sure if that includes a magazine or not.

I have not seen one in the flesh though.

User

Put my Howa 223 in a MDT LSS XL Gen 2 but the Mrs complained about the weight when we shot a 223 Veldskiet.
    Bravo arrived at home this week but I'll only be back in October to test :(

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

After around 80 rounds, I am so far very happy with this stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3