Thread: Quail Cape Town

User

Default Quail Cape Town

Good day

Would anyone have some guidance for me? I'm looking for a quail shoot in the Western Cape. Close to Cape Town preferred.

Thanks in advance.

User

Default Re: Quail Cape Town

I dont know about any but keen to find out as well. I am new to the area and have a young dog which I would like to get trained up.

We go shoot pheasant and guinnea Fowl in Phillipi area. Not sure if you can take your own dog. Mainly as the farmers normally have their own dogs around their homes. 5 to even 10. And they might attack other dogs. Although his dogs stay at the house.

Once was told when dogs are more then three together that live together its called a pack and they attack other dogs. Not sure about this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    We go shoot pheasant and guinnea Fowl in Phillipi area. Not sure if you can take your own dog. Mainly as the farmers normally have their own dogs around their homes. 5 to even 10. And they might attack other dogs. Although his dogs stay at the house.

Once was told when dogs are more then three together that live together its called a pack and they attack other dogs. Not sure about this.
    Sjoe. You are being a tease... I've yet to take the shotgun out this year.

Sharing is caring

User

I can always leave her at home but would like to join other hunters with gundogs. Just came from a hunt on the Freestate/Mpumalanga border which was amazing especially with the trained gundogs on the shoot. I am with 'wthang' please let me know if there is any upcoming shoots where you need a extra gun.

blomjurie@gmail.com

Thanks Shooty!

With the others on the extra gun. Would be great to get involved in the WC shotgun scene!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JurieB View Post
    I dont know about any but keen to find out as well. I am new to the area and have a young dog which I would like to get trained up.
    Also have a young pup that will need some time in the field in the coming season. Won’t shoot over her this year, but going out into the field would be great for her (and me!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk