Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Upgrade time!!!!

I am a self confessed Glock and CZ fan-boy. But I have seen a lot of P2022's and I have shot a few of them.

I don't own a Sig but if I ever do it will probably be a 2022.

User

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Why all the Gen5 suggestions? A 17 gen4 will do the job just as well.
    Because it’s better.

Thanks gents, I truely appreciate all the valid feedback esp. the 2022 owners, I knew Duane would put his 5c in thanks,

Yes another Glock or CZ would probably be a good choice, a 26 is on the list for BUG slot, CZ as solid as they are never tickled my fancy as does S&W. I owned a 17 gen4 before my 19 and its a valid argument to get it for my S15 but its a case of been there done that for me, maybe I am just looking for an excuse to get down with the Signess a bit.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneWessels View Post
    Well as a SP2022 owner I might add something to this.

The Sp2022, is a polymer, DA/SA gun with an impressive service record. It is easy to carry and a joy to shoot.
    Mine has close to 3000 through it...never had a problem, it just took about a 1000 pops to get properly run in... it'll shoot anything. I have 5 mags that I didn't exactly battle to obtain, 4 originals and 1 Mec generic 17-rounder.

My first SIG that I will pass down to my nephew when he hits 21 in 4 years...he loves it too. Can't go wrong with, just remember that it's like a gateway to the SIGness and then you're hooked!

9MM RSA, where in SA are you? Have you shot a 2022 yet?

Well if a person takes into account.
    The price of spare mags. Availability of upgrades and accessories.
    Then in South Africa. Nothing beats a Glock, and luckily since Jizni is around. CZ is stuff is equally easily available.

The other makes might be brilliant. But if you cant get accessories or spares easily. And at decent prices. Then why would you want to struggle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Then in South Africa. Nothing beats a Glock, and luckily since Jizni is around. CZ is stuff is equally easily available.

The other makes might be brilliant. But if you cant get accessories or spares easily. And at decent prices. Then why would you want to struggle.
    I know that to many people, the price of spares / Mags for a Glock is what pushes them in that direction, but I've noticed if you take the price of glock spares out the equation. Generally speaking most of the other well supported brands spares and mags are very similarly priced.

I dont have any dog in the fight, just something I've noticed as a general trend.

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Mine has close to 3000 through it...never had a problem, it just took about a 1000 pops to get properly run in... it'll shoot anything. I have 5 mags that I didn't exactly battle to obtain, 4 originals and 1 Mec generic 17-rounder.

My first SIG that I will pass down to my nephew when he hits 21 in 4 years...he loves it too. Can't go wrong with, just remember that it's like a gateway to the SIGness and then you're hooked!

9MM RSA, where in SA are you? Have you shot a 2022 yet?
    Northern cape, Kimberley, yes I have hence the fact I really wouldnt mind oeninh one.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MM RSA View Post
    Northern cape, Kimberley, yes I have hence the fact I really wouldnt mind oeninh one.

Damn butterfingers ment owning one

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

My 19 is my third Glock I owned so I have mags,spares and acc up the wazoo and I get your reasoning for sticking to the tier one brands locally, why trade up my SR9 if the 2022 puts me pretty much in the same boat again, simply put it shoots a helluva lot nicer than the SR and the SR is a good shooter. To me the 2022 just has a Xfactor to it that I have not felt with any of the other sigs I shot and that includes the 229 & P320.

The 1911 guys will probably know what I am talking about, sometimes logic just doesnt factor in so much if your having fun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 9MM RSA View Post
    My 19 is my third Glock I owned so I have mags,spares and acc up the wazoo and I get your reasoning for sticking to the tier one brands locally, why trade up my SR9 if the 2022 puts me pretty much in the same boat again, simply put it shoots a helluva lot nicer than the SR and the SR is a good shooter. To me the 2022 just has a Xfactor to it that I have not felt with any of the other sigs I shot and that includes the 229 & P320.

The 1911 guys will probably know what I am talking about, sometimes logic just doesnt factor in so much if your having fun.

It seems as if you have already made up your mind as to what you want.

I say Go for it!! If anything happens to your EDC then you would be able to use the 2022 as a replacement edc. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2