Thread: WC Ferals Pigs

User

Default WC Ferals Pigs

Hi all, some feral pigs again. I took some very basic snaps of the view through my thermal spotter. Time is incorrect in foto, it was around 11pm. See how well one can see warm blooded animals and the terrain with a thermal. Also notice how close the pigs are to the workers houses.

This landowner does not allow anyone to hunt on he's farm. The pigs feel safe there. We hunt on all the surrounding farms... I managed a young pig for the spit. Small group of about 5 of them all that size snuck up behind me. Shot was really quick, just below the eye "uit die skouer uit". 168g PMP at 2640fps from my Israeli Mauser.

Didn't have any other chances on that property that evening.

User

Default Re: WC Ferals Pigs

Thanks JD, what thermal spotter are you using? Is it rifle mounted or handheld?

Banned

I count 28 pigs in the photo - is that correct?

This explains why they are so destructive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by StanCT View Post
    Thanks JD, what thermal spotter are you using? Is it rifle mounted or handheld?
    Pulsar Quantum LD50s thermal spotter, my rifle is fitted with a Pulsar Digisight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I count 28 pigs in the photo - is that correct?
    Yep, but there is a few more. To the right that's a group of larger pigs as well. 30+ pigs.. That's a large sounder we know about in the area. There is a few other smaller sounders and some single boars as well in that area alone.