User

Default .243 Factory Ammo for Jackal

Can anyone recommend factory ammo for Howa 243 win heavy barrel? Something to use for jackal and lynx, this is temporary as I have not purchased my reloading kit yet, so preferably casings that I can reuse once I buy my kit. Thank you!

User

Default Re: .243 Factory Ammo for Jackal

Bog standard PMP brown box? I'd bet that thick barrel will shoot anything straight

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Bog standard PMP brown box? I'd bet that thick barrel will shoot anything straight
    +1
    Cheapest ammo available that will absolutely demolish a jackal and Lynx.

Banned

If you can get 80gr PMP ammo then the paddock pizza should improve with the higher speed.

PMP cases are some of the hardest.
    My friend asked me to resize some pmp 308 the other day for him.
    They are very hard brass. I would rather recommend anything else then PMP cases for reloading. Due to this.

User

Yes they are "harder"
    Regular annealing and checking for doughnuts should be done as a matter of course.
    If you batch them, anneal them regularly and check for doughnuts, then you good to go.

User

Thank you for the response! Think I am going to go for the PMP 80gr, and maybe the 80gr winchester super X, the nice thing of having an ATN x sight allows me to save more than one profile. So might play around with the two and see what gives the best results, will let you guys know, thanks again!

I shot many jackal and warthog with pmp 100gr. They were just as dead as the ones we shot with ballistic tips and v max. Not the best ammo available but on a student budget they worked well enough for me until I started reloading. I got about one inch groupings out of a CZ 550 at 100m. Very rarely shot further than 200m.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk