Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can someone explain the suidlanders to an American?

Yes and no. I have had enough contact with members and sympathisers to understand the basic idea and vision of the movement.

I have experience explaining SA politics to Europeans in such a way that they can relate to all the different sides of the bigger SA story.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Yes and no. I have had enough contact with members and sympathisers to understand the basic idea and vision of the movement.

I have experience explaining SA politics to Europeans in such a way that they can relate to all the different sides of the bigger SA story.
    IM sent

User

Are the suidlanders considered a "fringe group"? Is this a hyper-sensitive, or controversial question.

If you where an American who wants to help, would you donate to them? Is their portrayal of what's going on in SA, accurate or exaggerated?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Qvox View Post
    Are the suidlanders considered a "fringe group"? Is this a hyper-sensitive, or controversial question.

If you where an American who wants to help, would you donate to them? Is their portrayal of what's going on in SA, accurate or exaggerated?
    Some moderators and members on Gunsite don't really like all the political/religion threads on Gunsite as its a firearms forum after all.

The threads / like this one most probably gets closed off as they dont end well.

And some mods feel very strongly about foreigners and expats poking their noses into the ongoing political scene in SA. So tread carefully you have been warned.

I still come here to read the stories of which some are political. I still have family in SA and you tend to get closer to the so called truth on here than on other sites.

Stick to PM's as political discussions can get out of hand very quickly.
    At best its a sensitive matter just as religion and buying a gun based on the way it "feels in your hand".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    Some moderators and members on Gunsite don't really like all the political/religion threads on Gunsite as its a firearms forum after all.

The threads / like this one most probably gets closed off as they dont end well.

And some mods feel very strongly about foreigners and expats poking their noses into the ongoing political scene in SA. So tread carefully you have been warned.

I still come here to read the stories of which some are political. I still have family in SA and you tend to get closer to the so called truth on here than on other sites.

Stick to PM's as political discussions can get out of hand very quickly.
    At best its a sensitive matter just as religion and buying a gun based on the way it "feels in your hand".

I understand. Thanks for the heads-up. In the US guns are politics. We consider our 2nd Amendment to be the failsafe against tyranny. So politics and guns go hand in hand in my country. But I understand that people in other countries may not feel that way.

It's their website, their country, and their rules. I get it.

I was just trying to find out for myself what was going on there. There are Americans that would like to help. ...that is if help is needed, or wanted.

User

I understand. Thanks for the heads-up. In the US guns are politics. We consider our 2nd Amendment to be the failsafe against tyranny. So politics and guns go hand in hand in my country. But I understand that people in other countries may not feel that way.

It's their website, their country, and their rules. I get it.

I was just trying to find out for myself what was going on there. There are Americans that would like to help. ...that is if help is needed, or wanted.
    No worries, all good.

Private message "Ds J" he's a good man and always willing to help or knows where help is needed.

The Suidlanders (People of the South or People of the Southern Land) are a civil self defense organisation (AFAIK nothing more and nothing less) who plan for the possibility of an apocalyptic future South Africa. They have almost certainly been penetrated by intelligence agencies by now but AFAIK there's nothing illegal there. All they hsve been doing is making plans in case Vavi's "ring of fire" concerns become effective. All they've done is take politicians at their word and plan accordingly. I've seen (some of?) their manuals and plans and it really core stuff, like medical care, convoy management and the like. I've seen nothing untoward in anything that I've seen and as far as I can tell, they operate within the Constitution and the law.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    Its not that so much as the fact that we A. Try to manage the tinfoil hat brigade and those who have extreme views (and there are a handful here) within acceptable bounds and B. Try to keep things from turning into deep angry spats between members.

Literally "moderate".

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

There is a relationship here as well but we have no Second or anything like it, save for the Treaty of Vereeniging permitting the Boers to keep their rifles, which is now also entirely abrogated. So it makes a fundamental difference to how matters have to be approached here.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Just saw this on youtube this morning, didn't know we had a big doomsdaypreppers vibe here in SA

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast