Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need an EDC

User

Default Re: Need an EDC

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    I would avoid AIWB until you have proper finger discipline (assuming you dont have training)

Seems like your head is in the right place.

CZ P07 or Glock 19

Pick one and get the ball rolling
    ^^^This is good advice.

Like some of the other members, I would definitely recommend going striker-fired (no hammer). I personally EDC either a G26 (most of them time during summer and AIWB) or G19 (the rest of the time), so would highly recommend one of these. Alternatively, perhaps look at the equivalent CZ (both have really good after-sales support which means that spare parts and extras (such as spare mags, sights, holsters etc) are readily available here in SA).

If you haven't already done so, also get a good (preferably IWB) holster for better concealment and, very importantly, get some proper training with a reputable trainer (not with your friend Bob's uncle's best mate who used to be in the SADF 30 years ago etc).

Good luck and let us know how you get on!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Why?
    Me too. I personally like the hammer over Striker fires.
    You have the Double Action only. If you want your first trigger pull slightly heavier.
    The SA trigger pull to me is much nicer then the feel of the striker trigger pull.
    I know when under pressure shooting you might not notice it. But I dont like the feel it has.(Personal feeling)
    The one advantage a hammer fired has. If DA. Is that if you have a lite strike. You can opt to just pull trigger again.
    And see if it solve the Lite strike. Or you can clear it the way you would.
    Ive so far never had my hammers get stuck on clothing.

User

There are two types of man; those who EDC a Glock 19 and those who are going to end up EDC a Glock 19.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    There are two types of man; those who EDC a Glock 19 and those who are going to end up EDC a Glock 19.
    Ha ha ha -- brilliant!

User

I have nothing against Glock, but my next EDC gun will be a CZ P10C.
    If you like hammer guns, then the CZ P07 is most likely the best one out there currently on the South African market.
    Lots of available options for holsters / parts / magazines / sights etc etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    You sound like a fanboy! lol

User

Shooty

Do NOT pull the trigger again if you have a failure to fire in a self defence scenario. Hell, don't even practice that bad habit.

Get the failed round OUT the gun

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive so far never had my hammers get stuck on clothing.
    Its like Thor smashing his hammer into my love handle with no remorse. Tough love.

User

I also "like" the hammer for probably no apparant reason other than both my handguns have hammers.
    Hammers never snagged or got caught in something yet, and the IWB holsters that I have all have backing so the hammer does not make contact with body to "bite" me.
    CZ P07 DA trigger pull, although bit stiffer than the SA pulls tend to yield slightly more accurate shots than SA in general for me.
    Striker fires is however definitely "smoother" at the back. My wife has a striker fire and as a first timer she just said the striker fire looked/felt less intimidating than a "hammer gun".
    Not a Glock fan myself (because I don't have one) but shot quite a bit with a G19 Gen5 recently. A laymans comparison between the two are:
    - Same frame size, G19 felt just slightly lighter than the P07 and also slimmer (but not so much that it would make a difference in carrying in my opinion)
    - The G19 point of aim was slightly higher than the P07, but verry accurate (and also you get intimate with your gun the more you shoot it, so a non-issue)
    - I did not have any lite strikes (shot that just goes "click") with the G19, but I know my wife's striker fire (not a Glock) is double action and when this happens you also have the option to just pull the trigger again before/instead of racking. (Glock gurus can maybe just enlighten here)
    - I personally liked the trigger pull of the P07 more than the G19 (but again I've pulled the P07 trigger a few thousand times already, and only about 300 G19 pulls)

Both G19 and P07 are excellent and reliable handguns in my opinion and you won't go wrong with either.

[QUOTE=mic;1242873]I have nothing against Glock, but my next EDC gun will be a CZ P10C.
    If you like hammer guns, then the CZ P07 is most likely the best one out there currently on the South African market.
    Lots of available options for holsters / parts / magazines / sights etc etc.[/QUOTE

Dont forget about the CZ P01.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast