Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Fourways Farmers Market

From what I've seen on FB they will send you away if you have a Leatherman on your belt.

No need to support them.

User

I was there a while back, before the firearm debacle. Got there, had to pay entrance. Was fine with it. There were NO stalls open, and the only place we could sit was dirty. We were super disgusted. Walked back out and the guy at the front desk thing asked if he can give me our money back. I gladly took it.

I would steer clear. Rather go to the farmer's market in Silverton tomorrow morning: http://www.pretoriaboeremark.co.za/ Buy a week's fruit and veggies for the price of a cocktail and support people who don't mind guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I was there a while back, before the firearm debacle. Got there, had to pay entrance. Was fine with it. There were NO stalls open, and the only place we could sit was dirty. We were super disgusted. Walked back out and the guy at the front desk thing asked if he can give me our money back. I gladly took it.

I would steer clear. Rather go to the farmer's market in Silverton tomorrow morning: http://www.pretoriaboeremark.co.za/ Buy a week's fruit and veggies for the price of a cocktail and support people who don't mind guns.
    My SO also mentioned it tonight, I carry way too much assaulty pointy things and way too many assault pistol stones for my assault slingshot to even consider going to a place 75-85 Km away from my house unarmed just because some fool thinks licensed firearm owners are the problem....

So how is the farmers market in Silverton?
    Any other good farmers markets worth a visit in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    My SO also mentioned it tonight, I carry way too much assaulty pointy things and way too many assault pistol stones for my assault slingshot to even consider going to a place 75-85 Km away from my house unarmed just because some fool thinks licensed firearm owners are the problem....

So how is the farmers market in Silverton?
    Any other good farmers markets worth a visit in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The one in Silverton is great. Go there very early (sun should rise when you are there already) and you get good produce. Get coffee from the massive tent in the middle of the veld. Very nice people, completely the opposite of the Fourways farmer's market. They don't mind guns there, at all, I would assume.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Technically... that's illegal!

We have only their word for it. SAPS cannot approve this scheme since it is an ultra vires arrangement. You may still be in the crap if your gun goes missing...

If they don't have a proper arms register for you to sign your firearm in on... it ain't proper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Technically... that's illegal!
    Problem is that if you want to get technical then every gun safe is illegal as there is another copy of every normal safe key out there as there are only a certain number of key pattern permutations.

I am no lawyer so I stand corrected but doesn't doing something illegal require a certain amount of intent (I think they call this mens rea) in order to be prosecuted?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Problem is that if you want to get technical then every gun safe is illegal as there is another copy of every normal safe key out there as there are only a certain number of key pattern permutations.

I am no lawyer so I stand corrected but doesn't doing something illegal require a certain amount of intent (I think they call this mens rea) in order to be prosecuted?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Not all crimes require intent, no.

Unreasonable failure to comply with a legal requirement can be enough in some instances.

As to your example of the safe keys, it wouldn’t be unreasonable as whoever has the same key as you would most likely not know about it.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4