Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Attempted highjacking/armed robbery averted — Woodlands, Pretoria

I have just been sent the following video and overview from our local CPF.

Well done to the armed civilian who prevented an attempted armed highjacking / armed robbery from taking place.

NB. The civilian was in the bronze Toyota (Prado?) and was apparently able to avert the highjacking without firing a shot.

Remember everybody, you need to EDC every day (not occasionally)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Attempted highjacking/armed robbery averted — Woodlands, Pretoria

Here is the overview from our local CPF.

Attempted hijacking / armed robbery round about 13h00 at Woodlands Lifestyle Estate entrance gate. Visitor pulled out his firearm and suspects fled.

Gunmetal grey Honda Civic. 3 bravo males. 1 x handgun and 1 x hammer. Reg CK90YV GP

User

Will see if I can upload the video to a hosted site and can provide a link of it here.

User

Always good to hear about successful defence where a FA without a shootout stopped the threat.

Welldone to the civilian!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Will see if I can upload the video to a hosted site and can provide a link of it here.

Hi all... here is the clip. Hope you can view this. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5aa97d63...314-WA0024.mp4

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User

Thanks RI CAR. That’s the one.

User

Further update from my CPF:

It’s was a family from Oz’s...” think they followed them from Capital hotel at Menlyn Maine, they loaded luggage from there because they were going to Sun City today, but decided to visit some of their family there first”.

Luckily he was armed.

User

Very well done, I am wondering if the getaway driver ever stopped to pick up his mates.

It will be interesting to hear how a visiting Oz-guy (tourist) was allowed to carry a handgun (unless a hunting handgun, which I assume is easier to get a permit for)

User

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Very well done, I am wondering if the getaway driver ever stopped to pick up his mates.
    And here I was wondering whether the getaway driver ever caught up with his mates....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast