Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default What .22 to get?

I think a .22LR rifle makes more sense than a bigger calibre that I will use occasionally. There are many around, from the Rock Island armoury models to the Ruger/Savages/CZ's. Then Bolt vs semi(ruger 10/22). Also, is there any disadvantage to running a shorter barrel .22(16" as seen on the compact models).Will mainly be used on the range on steel plates etc.

User

Default Re: What .22 to get?

M&P 15-22...

I know a guy ;-

The 15-22 is the most fun gun. My kids even love it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User

I did consider the 15-22. I think a bolt action may make more sense to teach kids/newcomers fundamentals?

Get the new/current CZ 455. Its incredibly accurate and rock solid. Various options from De Lux to sporter stocks. And put a HAWKE 22lr HV scope on it. Once set at 50m its got markings for various distances which are spot on.

Do not buy BRNO. The new once.

The older BRNO/CZ's are fine. But the BRNO only once that came out last 5 years or so are crap.

a 22lr apparently burns up all its powder within 12-16inches. So anything longer will not give you any advantage on speed.

if your in CPT area you can even go shoot every Friday with the Kappjag school 22lr groups. All ages of kids can go for training and shooting practice. No Semi's allowed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    I did consider the 15-22. I think a bolt action may make more sense to teach kids/newcomers fundamentals?
    No reason why a semi can't fulfill that but then need to understand your requirements.

I just bought a cz 455 syynthetic this week and am supper keen
    also found out the barrel can be swopped out so might jump through all the loops to licences a secound barrel in 1.7
    now to find a can and get barrel threaded

User

10/22 gets my vote. Gazillion hop up options but probably not the best option for run and gun sports

Also busy looking it importing a .5MOA at 50 yards bull barrel for mine

Problem with 10/22 and other semi's is. The cost. Not the initial. But your going to want a better trigger. Then alot of guys even go as far as changing for better barrel.

A Bolt action like a CZ. Will be good to go out of the box. And for the CZ455 you can upgrade your trigger for R300 to 400 with the Yodave trigger kit. Which takes all pre travel out and you can get trigger pull down to a feather.

User

I have a Ruger American .22lr with a threaded barrel, it is amazing!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast