Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Another epic movie firearms fail!!

You know...with my 20+ experience in the industry you'd have thought by now I could get a gig setting these fucking actors straight on a few things to do with guns and the handling thereof.

This one not 5 minutes into the movie Hangman....with Al Pacino and a Karl Urban. This is Karl Urban. He is supposed to be a seasoned cop...detective. Yet he holds a pistol like he's holding a ......I don't even know what!

I mean...I can almost...no not really.......... forgive the huge air gap between the web of his hand and the backstrap........but the effing teacup grip.....again??!!!

Who is coaching these guys? And it makes the actor look stupid to a whole host of knowledgeable shooters. If the nonce is not someone who knows guns etc.....then at least show him. Doesn't anyone look at the daily's with an eye for this stuff?

Thank the Lord we have legit SEAL advisor's on our show and so far the firearms handling and tactical stuff I have seen is great. I haven't seen much though as I am not watching it...for some unknown reason. Someone please point out any egregious errors so I can go set someone straight....um......or write an anonymous note and leave it somewhere a SEAL advisor can easily find it.

User

Default Re: Another epic movie firearms fail!!

You go get them!

Banned

That gun is gonna hit his head

Been watching the History Channel "World Wars"

Totally incompetent. It is the History Channel, some basics are required - like Allied troops using Mausers, squads of Germans with SMLE's. Americans fighting Mexicans with SMLEs not 1903 Springfields.

The rifle use is totally random. I'll excuse some useless actor not knowing how to hold a rifle etc, but for the production crew to get almost all rifles arse about face is inexcusable!!

His grip is better in some scenes in Bent and the show Almost Human. The issue is that directors will have actors handle the prop firearms in a manner like the above for the sake of the shot, at the expense of proper handling and realism. If proper and safe firearm ownership/handling was shown in the entertainment industry, it would be terribly boring.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Been watching the History Channel "World Wars"

Totally incompetent.
    LOL!! Doesn't it make one mad though?

This hangman was filmed in Georgia. There has been a huge move to lure productions out there.....away from Hollywood. Huge financial incentives and they've built stages out there and major grip and lighting houses have set up rental houses there. I know quite a few people who have gone to do features there. I hear sometimes the rates aren't that great but they offer decent incentives, accommodations etc etc.

After I "broke my neck" on 24 at the end of the series.....I missed a chance to go with my boss to be Rigging Best Boy on a show shooting in Detroit called Detroit 1-8-7.......because I had to have neck surgery on 2 levels....pull the discs out and fuse them...'cos they were protruding way into my spinal cord, causing paralysis in my hands. Not good.

That was also a part of production companies being lured out under the incentives deal. Detroit then. Now it's Georgia.

A year or so ago they signed a deal to incentivize keeping productions in Hollywood to try keep as much work as we can in town. I reckon cheap shows like Hangman still gotta try save some $'s....for the producers. Get one big star in there. See if it fly's. I didn't recognize a single crew name in the credits.

I'm sure they worked their asses off though. The film looked decent. Storyline was meh, suspense decent.....ending sucked though. At least, I think so. It gets really shitty ratings. Rent it only.....watch it at night in the dark, so you can get your lady scared and then "comfort" her afterwards. It's kind of a "Seven" deal. That was a great show.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    The issue is that directors will have actors handle the prop firearms in a manner like the above for the sake of the shot, at the expense of proper handling and realism. If proper and safe firearm ownership/handling was shown in the entertainment industry, it would be terribly boring.
    What would be boring about a proper grip, web of his hand high on the backstop and both thumbs pointing in the direction of the target......isosceles stance....like he knows what he is doing? This guy entered rooms without clearing them, without even looking around......dumb stuff an experienced cop wouldn't do. And these guys are firing in say like a church building in a spiral staircase, concrete and marble all around, tight enclosed space......wearing no ear protection and not showing any pain to the ears. C'mon

I get what you are saying man. I believe though that they are getting better, especially in Hollywood where we have tons of well trained guys. Although really egregious stuff still slips by.

Thing is....NOBODY.....is going to just go up to the director and say..."hey, the way that guy is holding his gun?" About the only thing is to walk past the armorer and say "Whats with the way #1 is holding his gun like it's your cock? School that boy motherfucker!" Of course you might be looking for work the next day...at the very least being bitched out by your boss for interfering with another department. LOL!!

Hi Fumbles.
    "you broke your neck"... WTF
    And I thought that falling off the roof and breaking my foot was bad !
    So glad that you are now OK and 'firing on all cylinders' ?
    Wheel guns rule OK
    Regards.
    Keith.

In the new Bruce Willis movie Death Wish. He uses a Glock 17. At one point he empties it and keeps pulling the trigger. The Glock makes click, click, click before he dumps it. Reckon its a DA Glock and that his loads or low power. And could not keep slide open on last round.

User

Ant Man, the ants jam the HAMMER on a Glock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast