User

Default AR Folding stock?

As per the title does anyone know where I can get a AR Folding stock/adapter locally?

I have looked high and low and only seem to find options from abroad.

User

Default Re: AR Folding stock?

I thought ARs don't fold since their recoil system is in the stock? Speaking under correction, I'm a T56 guy...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

User

They don't fold but I have seen the Law Tactical folding stock adapter online and know of a few guys on here that Got some in I think from Brownels.

But was hoping there is a local supplier by now?

User

Not to my knowledge, but look on this forum for the thread entitled "Law Tactical folding stock adapter" and sift through it to find a post by a forum member that said he bought one and didn't use (want?) it ... I speak under correction, but follow up with him & maybe you get lucky ... ? Otherwise, it's Brownells for you, boy!

Also ... contact Martin at City Guns in CT and find out whether they ever bought any in. He got all excited when he saw mine and said he'd definitely (?) look into it ...

PS: with the stock folded, you are limited to one shot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    I thought ARs don't fold since their recoil system is in the stock? Speaking under correction, I'm a T56 guy...
    The folding stock adaptor separates and captures the recoil system when folded, so the springs, buffer and BCG don't pop out. The rifle won't function when folded, of course.

User

Funny enough I did do a search and did try buy that one of the fellow GS member but he had already sold it.

The folding stock would be for ease of transportation purposes.

I'll check out City Guns thanks.

User

if it's purely to transport it in a smaller bag, consider splitting upper and lower. i can fit my 15-22 into my backpack's main compartment as upper, lower, mags and silencer. If I left the flash hider on it would be just too long to zip up completely

User

I have one in my safe, never been installed. Got it from StanCT late last year. I'm not sure if I will end up using it because it is not compatible with the JP Enterprises silent capture buffer system that I am planning to install in the rifle.

Basically I took it because it was available and opportunities don't come knocking too often when it comes to firearm accessories. I think StanCT added two items to his cart by mistake or something like that!

If you really want it we can chat, pm me your # and I will Wattsapp you back. Be warned I don't plan on selling for less than I paid, which was quite a few Zim dollars!

User

Thanks PM inbound