User

Default Looking for SAPS document showing timeframe allowed at each stage

I've done a search with no luck. There was a SAPS issued document somewhere that showed the allowable time at each step, i.e. DFO 6 weeks, Provincial 2 weeks, CFR 4 weeks. ANyone got a PDF copy for me?

User

Default Re: Looking for SAPS document showing timeframe allowed at each stage

Won't really help as it was amended. No, I do not have a physical copy of the amended one.

Now 4 weeks, 2 weeks, 6 weeks as I understand it.

User

Thanks. My one app has been at provincial since February 6th.

User

Does this get regulated like other allowable times?
    As an example Vodacom has a 21 day OBF rule on handsets 7 days with customer 7 days at retailer 24 hours to get to OBF dept and 7 days for them to report.
    If you get the phone to OBF on day 1 they must report within 7 days...
    So what I am asking is if I hand in at DFO on Monday and it's at provincial on Wednesday and at CFR on Friday do they have to finish it within 6 weeks?
    I have a sinking suspicion they just keep them in a desk until the 90 days has passed.
    There are just too many reports of guys phoning between 80 and 90 days and having the approval done within hours...