Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grab Bags

Default Grab Bags

Hi Guys

I wanted to know if any of you carry a grab bag/go bag or bail out bag what ever you call it as i know they came in many diffrent names..

I carried one for many years and as soon as i land in SA i pick it up. My bag consisted of

Three Glock 17 mags
    One M3 Torch
    One Streamlight scorpion torch
    One Leatherman wave
    one cold steel tanto knife
    One 21' ASP

On me i always had my firearm and one spare mag, one commander knife and an ASP. I had the other knives and ASP for myself or someone i was with in case of an emergency.

It may seem extreme to some but to me it was a way of life, i always took it when i went out and become part of me. My wife would call it my man bag...

I know of guys that had much more than i did and made my man bag look like a boy bag. happy0065

DO any of you guys carry one, i carry one now but as i cant have a firearm in the EU i have other 'toys' in case of an emergency..
    fighting0035

One me

Default Re: Grab Bags

I just bought a new one here from LA Police Supply

http://www.lapolicegear.com/baouttabag.html

For civvy use I usually just keep some spare pistol mags, a spare Surefire, a couple of AR mags and my Kabar in it but for SHTF it can quickly be configured to hold much more. Most of the officers I know here have one and lots also have smaller 'bail out bags' for possible active shooter scenarios, etc. If things start looking rough (riots in the area or another 9/11 or such) I will have many more rifle mags as well as a rifle, which I usually don't carry any more, since my old Jungle Carbine became too valuable to lose. The two mags I carry are in case I should have to use an officer's rifle (they all carry AR's) in a dire emergency...and yes, I am still an old 'war horse' and I will go to the sound of the guns...can't help it. :police:

Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Thats a very nice bag you got there..... hpy180

You guys should see the new Kabar Pack that has come out, Its quite impressive, and it doesnt even look like your packing when you carry it..

Check it out http://www.tomarskabars.com/TDI-Defense_Pack.html.

I must be honest and say that I actually do not have anything like this in standby mode..... :-[

I am just going at the top of my head and think as a civilian I would be looking for something that I could throw over my shoulder and that looks more average day.

Just when you think you have the major bases covered...you realize that you have not....

Although When I do travel extended trips, I do make up some kind of bag with extras in.

Corne;

The Maxpedition Versapaks or something similar (don't know if Swattie sells this or not) might be worth a look for you...

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...p?idCategory=4
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Yeah I have Maxpedition bags, they are good

User

This might be a nice option for cycling... I like, and not too expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyg
    You guys should see the new Kabar Pack that has come out, Its quite impressive, and it doesnt even look like your packing when you carry it..

Check it out http://www.tomarskabars.com/TDI-Defense_Pack.html.

Quote Originally Posted by ikor

Is it common practice for citizens in the US to also be as prepared for sh#t as we are.
    I realize it depends on the State and it's individual laws.(Walk and sleep with firearms in strategic places and contingency plansin place if your house is invaded in the day or night)

Quote Originally Posted by para
    Quote Originally Posted by ikor

Is it common practice for citizens in the US to also be as prepared for sh#t as we are.
    I realize it depends on the State and it's individual laws.(Walk and sleep with firearms in strategic places and contingency plansin place if your house is invaded in the day or night)
    Well, Para, like everywhere I have ever been, (including SA) people here run the spectrum from those with their head stuck perpetually up their azzes to those who are borderline paranoid, but in general I would say that percentage-wise, SA probably has more people who are prepared for 'immediate' crimes of violence than the US does (hijacking or home invasions, etc), at least mentally. I am from the 'deep south' and here as well as in the western and midwestern states. lots of people do have guns...especially hunting shotguns...in the home, and would use them if they had the time and warning. We don't have the problems that SA does with hijackings...yet, at least, so you don't see the general level of watchfulness here that you do with drivers in SA.

If, however, you 'run in similar circles'...that is, hang with like minded people...in either place you find that we tend to be very similar in our thoughts and actions, and I find that to be true in ANY place where extreme violence is not uncommon and citizens are allowed to prepare themselves to a reasonable degree. I could take...literally...anyone I know personally on this board (and likely most of those I don't) and drop them in with my circle of friends and shooting buddies here and they would fit right in immediately. The guys here would not raise an eyebrow over walking around in your home wearing a pistol because many of us do the same and more. I usually don't wear one at home, but I am never more than a few steps away from either a rifle, pistol or shotgun in my house and I CCW religiously. (Of course, I live alone so I can do what I please...for the time being)

Yet I also know many people in both places who are utterly and completely unprepared...even mentally...for extreme violence. They somehow manage to convince themselves that bad things only happen to 'the other guy'...yet that includes people who have been victims of hijackings and home invasions. Since I am simply not 'wired' that way, I am at a total loss to comprehend it! ???

Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast