Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Personal costs order against Bopane

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Must we bring our own water?
    Only if you want to make a nr2. Nr 1 you can leave a bit to mellow.

As a GOSA member, I am saddened by the tone with which the original question was responded to..... I have been a GOSA member for 3years. I hail from the "Dry Province" and have stood in front of Parliament with a placard when asked to. Those "Sport-Shooting" (now GOSA) members were civil, and the sort of people I can get on with.

This thread is illustrative of how fractured the gun-owning community is.

Guys, fighting for gun rights takes time and money. GOSA asks for very little and only from those preparing to give. GOSA is about gun rights, full stop. Whether you are a hunter, collector, sport shooter or whatever, it doesn't matter.

Every little bit helps, no matter how small.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    This thread is illustrative of how fractured the gun-owning community is.

Guys, fighting for gun rights takes time and money. GOSA asks for very little and only from those preparing to give. GOSA is about gun rights, full stop. Whether you are a hunter, collector, sport shooter or whatever, it doesn't matter.

Every little bit helps, no matter how small.
    Amen!

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

User

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    If one has regard to the very, very low membership costs, firearm owners who are not members of GOSA at this point in time, fall in one of these categories:

1. Word has not reached them of Gosa's existence or what Gosa does;
    2. They are too lazy to join;
    3. They have a fundamental problem with the organization.
    Does MTTSS speak for GOSA officially?

I'm a No.3: if GOSA wasn't so secretive (and defensive) about this kind of thing, then I might not have said fundamental problem.

I've read things akin to "We have big news coming soon.." and "Can't tell you just yet, but.." on GOSA's FB page, which lead me to think GOSA is unnecessarily secretive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post

I'm a No.3: if GOSA wasn't so secretive (and defensive) about this kind of thing, then I might not have said fundamental problem.

I've read things akin to "We have big news coming soon.." and "Can't tell you just yet, but.." on GOSA's FB page, which lead me to think GOSA is unnecessarily secretive.
    Dude.... really?

I'm guessing you don't watch movie trailers too.

Sent from my SpaceCraft using MindControl!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

No. He doesn't. But we rarely have cause to disagree with him.

In this specific instance I understand exactly what he is trying to convey, and where he is coming from.

For context: He has personally contributed more to the fight for firearm rights (in financial terms and in terms of time committed) than just about anyone. GOSA owes him a huge debt of gratitude and we rely on his wisdom and fairly unique skillset on an ongoing basis, so this is NOT GOSA chucking him under the bus at all.

That been said, we sincerely regret the tone of the conversation from post#2 onwards. It's like watching a slow-motion train wreck.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

If you are not actually contributing anything to the organisation, then you don't have any right what so ever to complain about a single thing the organisation does.

There has always been full and complete feedback about every issue and project GOSA has taken on. "Unnecessarily secretive" is just bullshit corporate double-speak. If you read and pay attention to what is going on on GOSA's website, you will pretty much be up to speed with everything.

Guys - the bottom line is that those of us that contribute to GOSA do so with appreciation for the work that THOSE INDIVIDUALS do for our cause. From MTTSS posts on other threads, it is clear that he has put in huge effort, and has been at the "coal face" of this fight.

I say thank you to you, Mr MTTSS!

User

Might I suggest considering that people ask , not to piss you off , but because they care. They may even get angry and frustrated , not to piss you off , but because they care and want to know.

Maybe GOSA should consider that maybe the message isn’t as loud and clear to those on the outside. Rather than getting defensive maybe consider the perception they have may not be deliberate.

My GOSA membership status is well known to those of you on the inside ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast