Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Spiteful ex-girlfriend

Get a call recorder and voice recorder for your phone and use it every time you have contact with her. Always stay calm and ask her about all the things and let her talk herself into a corner. If she gets upset so much better that's when they really go big and give you all the "ammo" that you need. Then you tell her you recorded everything and see the nice transformation before your eyes. You need to get evidence against her to show who is the real aggressor.

Best of luck, I've been there

User

All this trouble, despite you being the nice guy and letting them stay rent-free. Life is not always fair.

Quote Originally Posted by LASCOR View Post
    Get a call recorder and voice recorder for your phone and use it every time you have contact with her. Always stay calm and ask her about all the things and let her talk herself into a corner. If she gets upset so much better that's when they really go big and give you all the "ammo" that you need. Then you tell her you recorded everything and see the nice transformation before your eyes. You need to get evidence against her to show who is the real aggressor.

Never let them be aware that you are recording, and steer the conversation in your favour. E,g ask her why she is lying and what her motive is, vindictive ex's and partners like to taunt you with what they plan to do. It may be satisfying to watch them try backstep, but this isn't about satisfaction, it's about protecting yourself.

There are some great suggestions here. Correct me if I am wrong, but making a false statement to the police is an act of perjury, punishable by a fine and/or prison sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by LASCOR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ωhm View Post
    Never let them be aware that you are recording, and steer the conversation in your favour. E,g ask her why she is lying and what her motive is, vindictive ex's and partners like to taunt you with what they plan to do. It may be satisfying to watch them try backstep, but this isn't about satisfaction, it's about protecting yourself.

LASCOR's post is partially helpful, Ωhm's will get you into unbelievable shit. Recording someone without their permission is not only illegal, but will be used against you as proof of male fides on your part. If you are going to record any communication between the two of you, you HAVE to do so BEFORE the communication. This can be done right at the start of the conversation, but not ex post facto.

Really, as much as the temptation might be, don't go there - recording her without her knowledge will end up biting you in the arse!

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    LASCOR's post is partially helpful, Ωhm's will get you into unbelievable shit. Recording someone without their permission is not only illegal, but will be used against you as proof of male fides on your part. If you are going to record any communication between the two of you, you HAVE to do so BEFORE the communication. This can be done right at the start of the conversation, but not ex post facto.

Really, as much as the temptation might be, don't go there - recording her without her knowledge will end up biting you in the arse!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least (or only) one of the parties involved need to be aware of the recording, so it should be fine...

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post

I thought it is legal, that you can record anything as long as it is said to you and if you are a party in the conversation?

User

Good advice.
    I say this after surviving and getting custody of my daughter after a hellishly protracted divorce from a pathological liar.
    It's legal to record any conversation as long as you are part of it, see the regulation below. You DO NOT have to give the party you are recording any notice of such recording.
    You may not illegally "intercept" a call and listen in. Recorded calls can be used to support existing evidence or as evidence itself.

Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act of 2002 otherwise known as RICA and in terms of the Act, generally, no person may record a conversation without consent. However, the Act sets out the following exceptions to the rule:

• you are a party to the conversation
    • you have the prior written consent of at least one of the parties to the conversation; or
    • the conversation relates to, or occurs in the course of, the carrying on of your business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2