User

Default Re: CRKT

nj

Love my M21-14G as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY
    Love my M21-14G as well.
    try the m21- 14sf ive done everything possible to this knive and it works its never more than a meter from my hand

User

I have a bearclaw that I carry when I need something a bit more low-profile than my Cold Steel tanto.

I prefer fixed blades to folders because they are simpler- nothing mechanical to go wrong, no lock to fail, etc. Also under stress, fine motor manipulation fails. with most pocket clip folders you have to subtly change your grip about 3 times to draw, open, and grip the knife to deploy it. with fixed blades its grab 'n stab- good gross motor movements.

I modified the sheath on my bearclaw, cutting away a lot of material so that I can insert my finger clear through the hole. I use IWB appendix carry with a short static line from sheath tip to belt loop. i can also pop off the sheath with my thumb. I like the very positive retention stud. this carry method allows me to suck in my belly and the knife drops to my groin and hangs there- great for avoiding detection from a hasty patdown some security/bouncers perform.

Real world- I used my bearclaw to cut away my seatbelt after I was in a very serious highspeed collision (young drunk driver slammed into us on the freeway) I woke up to some guy trying to saw off my seatbelt with no success, so I drew my bearclaw, cut the belt like it was butter, and resheathed it before passing out again. later I thought I had dreamt the whole thing. One of my biggest fears is being trapped in a vehicle and burning to death. I suffered a fractured pelvis among other more minor injuries and spent 6 weeks in bed. happy to say I'm all better now.

Quote Originally Posted by para
    Andy and OZZY
    When you get your Pharo's let me know.
    The M16-03Z that I have is a little girly for me.
    I want something I can cut a decent Spur steak with. grn1
    You guys can get the whole range of CRKT's from us at really good prices. The Pharo's cost around R680 (VAT incl).
    Contact Military & Security Equipment on 0126644850

Who owns a CRKT Hissatsu?
    What is your opinion on this knife and it's sheath?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Hissatsu was purpose designed by James Williams as a fighting knife, but it really works best for guys trained by Williams. He has some 'interesting' uses for it, for certain, such as using it on a SWAT entry to stab downward into the clavicle area and 'steer' a bad guy who may be blocking your entry, etc. where you want him to go via the handle. I have one but find it very long and a bit unhandy for the few techniques I know I would almost certainly use with a blade. I also have never seen a SWAT team use this blade, since they are far more likely to need a utility blade than a fighter. I think it is a good quality blade for the price and the sheath is OK I but the folding version may be a better carry blade. Only you can make that decision.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_64565404/
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4