Default Section 21 for SD pistol

Hi all. Has anyone successfully applied for a Section 21 for a pistol for self defense? I have applied for a pistol and am keen to apply for a section 21 while the whole section 13 and license card takes its sweet time. For the section 21 I would include my full motivation as in my Section 13 application and further state that crime does not wait so it is possible I would need to defend myself in the immediate future.

Also, would a declined section 21 have a negative effect on any current of future license applications?

Default Re: Section 21 for SD pistol

It’s been done quite a few times before. And then suddenly they stopped issuing them.

Bothma is gone, though. I would chance it if I were you. I’d try to make a more compelling argument on urgency than your current one, though.

It really shouldn’t have any negative effect on future applications. I’ve had a S21 refused (sport shooting) and all of my licence applications since then have been approved.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I'd say go for it!

User

Go for it, but make sure all your ducks is in row. Show need, not just that you want it to bypass the system.

User

I successfully acquired a Section 21 permit midway through 2017 for my SD firearm, despite having Section 15 and 16 firearms. I had sold my Section 13 pistol and stated as such, in the application. Licence was approved 2 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajono View Post
    I successfully acquired a Section 21 permit midway through 2017 for my SD firearm, despite having Section 15 and 16 firearms. I had sold my Section 13 pistol and stated as such, in the application. Licence was approved 2 months later.