Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default rht sight question..

So I picked up my glock 34 rtf from the gun shop today and want to fit a set of new sights. I see on rescomp they have two different options, for glock 26,19 and 17 then for glock 34 and 35. The 34 front sight hight is .245 and for the 26,19 and 17 its .215. So the question is, will it make a big difference fitting the set for the glock 17 or should I go for the glock 34 set with higher front post? I ordered a set from a gunshot and they told me it wouldn't make a difference as they ordered a set for a glock 17...

User

Default Re: rht sight question..

Warren and others do the same for the 34, taller front compared to 17/19

User

I use the .215 on my 34 and love them. They shoot ever so slightly high at short distances, but it’s barely noticeable.

Edit to add: A very knowledgeable mod here on GS also told me Bob Vogel runs the 17 sights on his 34 for exactly that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I use the .215 on my 34 and love them. They shoot ever so slightly high at short distances, but it’s barely noticeable.Edit to add: A very knowledgeable mod here on GS also told me Bob Vogel runs the 17 sights on his 34 for exactly that reason.
    So it shouldn't affect point of aim to point of impact to much?

User

Nope

Thanks for setting my mind at ease guys, much appreciated. .

User

I use the .215 on my 34 and love them. They shoot ever so slightly high at short distances, but it’s barely noticeable.

Edit to add: A very knowledgeable mod here on GS also told me Bob Vogel runs the 17 sights on his 34 for exactly that reason.
    While I don't doubt this for a second ,if it is the Mod I am thinking of, then why make 2 different front sight heights , why not one flavour for all 17 and 34 etc occasions?

User

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    While I don't doubt this for a second ,if it is the Mod I am thinking of, then why make 2 different front sight heights , why not one flavour for all 17 and 34 etc occasions?
    Because Glock, mos.
    Makes little to no difference at short distance running the lower front sight and actually aids when engaging plates at 50m, so I’m happy.

User

Because Glock, mos.
    Makes little to no difference at short distance running the lower front sight and actually aids when engaging plates at 50m, so I’m happy.
    Gotcha, see what you are saying.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Over the past year I have installed RHT fibre sights on 5 of our Glocks. According to RHT the 34/35 and the 21 uses the taller front site (But they say this depends on the shooter, if one doesn't work for you they will exchange it). I initially had the taller front sight on my G21 and it shot 5 inches low at 10 meters. RHT exchanged it for me and it now shoots POA/POI. I use the same height front sight on everything from the G26 to the G21 and they work perfectly. I have shot someone else's G34 with the standard / lower front and it shoots to the same POI as my G17 and G22.

And RHT are very good about looking after their customers. A while ago I had a rear sight that wasn't as tight a fit as it should be (It was loose and sloped backward with the screw tightened, causing glare.) RHT took one look at it and exchanged it right there, and I didn't even buy it from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast