Default Beretta 56e shotgun

Hi fellow Gunsiters

I been looking at purchasing a beretta 56e over and under and would like to know what your thoughts are.

I already have a affinity sport semi auto shotgun for 3 gun, and would like to get a over under for occasional clays and bird hunting.

Although I know that this a a quality firearm it was manufactured I think in the 1970 s)- is there still parts available for it?

How does it recoil compared to the newer generation shotguns.

Appreciate your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Beretta 56e shotgun

You cannot go wrong, depending on the price and condition of it. Only slight drawback is that they are fixed choked guns.
    Nothing on them brakes, and if something does, there are still smiths that can help you.

Nobody brings in spares for modern Beretta's in any case, so you are no worse off.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

I have one that I have fitted adjustable chokes to that may be for sale....

User

Quote Originally Posted by sazsim View Post
    Hi fellow Gunsiters

How does it recoil compared to the newer generation shotguns.
    If memory serves me correctly these guns were quite light hence will kick relatively hard. When hunting you won't notice the recoil and will appreciate the light weight as it is easier to carry but after shooting a couple of rounds of sporting on the range you may wish for a heavier gun.

User

I shoot one and love it. Had 'smith convert to straight wrist grip (cosmetic but it looks awesome) and ream longer forcing cone (slight reduction in recoil). Paid R2000 for it, mint, out of an estate

Thank all for your valued feedback
    Will see if I can try it out before I purchase to see how it recoils.

Will a gunsmith be able to add adjustable chokes to a fixed choked gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Had 'smith convert to straight wrist grip (cosmetic but it looks awesome) and ream longer forcing cone (slight reduction in recoil).
    Peter, who did the reaming of the forcing cone for you?

User

Felt recoil on a shotgun is very much a factor of fit, unless you are very recoil sensitive, they do not make a 12ga O/U that you cannot comfortably shoot all day with 28g loads, if it fits.

I have a S58S choked F/IM and set up for Trap and I cannot find fault with the gun. One day I may just sand the cheek piece down a little to get the gun to shoot flatter. I'll never sell it. I lent my 20ga to a friends daughter doing a variety a bird hunts last year and I used it on everything, from walked up francolin over dogs, to flightline doves and pigeons to driven guineas as well as ducks and geese. Shot a round of DTL with it a couple of months ago, scored 69/75 with it, two weekends ago, shot a round of ATA Trap with it and scored a respectable 22/25. The only reason I don't use it as often as I used to, is because I have almost completely switched over to using a 20ga.

User

Marshy - Bruce Wentzel at Valley Trading/Hirearms did the forcing cone. He's a mate of mine but pretty much given up doing private 'smithing but give him a call anyway - (001) 8877359. Be prepared to beg!