User

Default Normal vs Business competency

Morning all.

Hope someone has some clarity.

I completed the normal rifle, handgun and shotgun proficiencies years back. Unit standard 10750, 10748 and 10754 and received my competency.

Now a farm I work for has rifles licensed under business purposes ( 375's etc for dangerous game). We were advised to do our business competencies which I completed the proficiency for rifle, unit standard 123519. Now I wanted to apply for competency but 2 DFOs told me there is no competency for business purposes just a proficiency from a registered provider and I cannot apply as competent in rifle is competent whether business or personal use.

Any idea on this.

Thanks

User

Default Re: Normal vs Business competency

Ok I found this. Seems CFR not set up to capture unless something has changed.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...s-Competencies

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?17862-Business-competencies

User

OP you have it 100%. No comp for Business Purposes but you MUST have it (U/S 123519 for Manual Rifle for Business Purposes) if you are going to be issued/use a company firearm.
    If you personally are not buying a firearm/s you don't need any competencies

User

Thanks Peter.

User

A PSIRA registered company that employees you, will need to keep a copy of the statement of results that you get when you complete the proficiency test for business purposes. That is how I understand it!