Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Pretoria range with CZ P10c for hire

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    I am sure they will also not believe me that in the middle 80's when reloading I didn't wash any brass, no chronograph was available, and didn't know what a caliper was. Only had a RCBS 505 scale and Speer manual with a RCBS RC II. Only shooting Glocks one must check COL and wash brass because not all rounds will feed.
    Do you not think that it is good practice to go through the steps irrespective of which firearm you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    Do you not think that it is good practice to go through the steps irrespective of which firearm you use?

I think he is really reminding us how we all shot back then. Sonic cleaners and case gauges were unknown entities. Much like cell phones and the internet. One of the reasons I hold the colt 45 and cz75 in such high regard is that they fed the rubbish we fed them.No cmj bullets so lead shaving and distorted cases were common.Commonly used semi wadcutters as well though the ledge did occasionally catch the rim of the extracting case. More than likely looser throats than todays more cnc produced guns probably helped.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I think he is really reminding us how we all shot back then. Sonic cleaners and case gauges were unknown entities. Much like cell phones and the internet. One of the reasons I hold the colt 45 and cz75 in such high regard is that they fed the rubbish we fed them.No cmj bullets so lead shaving and distorted cases were common.Commonly used semi wadcutters as well though the ledge did occasionally catch the rim of the extracting case. More than likely looser throats than todays more cnc produced guns probably helped.
    Yeah I did the same. With a Glock. Worked fine.

Now I know better. Like I know to wear my seatbelt. And not to drink to excess and go to sleep in fields.

Banned

Default Re: Pretoria range with CZ P10c for hire

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    If I think back the rubbish I fed through the then CZ75 and look back what I know today it is a miracle that I am still alive. One could feed anything through that CZ and she was just to happy to shoot it. To short to long name it. (But one thing I was precise with was the load measured with the RCBS 505) I will lick you behind if you will be able to shoot through a Glock with what I shot through that CZ.

User

“This gun will feed rocks. “

Generally followed by a dramatic malfunction.

And peals of laughter.

User

The CZ P-10 C is greatly triggering the Glock fanboys

User

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    If I think back the rubbish I fed through the then CZ75 and look back what I know today it is a miracle that I am still alive. One could feed anything through that CZ and she was just to happy to shoot it. To short to long name it. (But one thing I was precise with was the load measured with the RCBS 505) I will lick you behind if you will be able to shoot through a Glock with what I shot through that CZ.
    Ah. Said the same about my Browning High Powers. Now I own 3 Glocks.

What is very telling of most of your comment and especially above could be the following:

1. You had very little to do with the maintenance of your firearms.

Or

2. You make very generalised statements.

None of them indicate a level of precision in regards to the topic being discussed. Because if you had, your comments would reflect that. Or you are indeed the luckiest man I know.

To the OP: the reasons I went to Glock are:

1. Cannot find basic maintenance parts for my Brownings. Very similar to my friends CZ75. Glock none of these problems exist.
    2. Friend bought a CZ P10c, and everything is at a premium. Sights, magazines. Holsters, even though it supposed to fit a Glock also. Everything is more expensive and some cant be sourced or takes long to get a hold of.
    Friend waited 3 months for extra mags.This will probably improve as more users buy the gun.
    3. I also waited for the P10c because of the supposed better trigger, and sights. But having shot both, I feel in my opinion that the Glock can be more precisely personalised and set up. And I gave also felt some pretty sweet tuned Glock triggers.
    4. I tend to forget my own advice. Do not buy the first model. Wait for the manufacturer to sort out the major problems.

But I feel most of this info has been shared many times over on this forum.

Good luck guys.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    The CZ P-10 C is greatly triggering the Glock fanboys
    Why do you say that?

I assume it not due to a discussion on unrelated claims.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    “This gun will feed rocks. “

Generally followed by a dramatic malfunction.

And peals of laughter.
    Valid comment and I in no way disagree. I will still submit that given what we fed them the ratio of jams to bangs was minute. It really is a testament to just how reliable pistols really are.The early CZ 75 and by design the Colt 45 with its generous tolerances; amongst others paved the way to the astonishing reliability that we now expect from guns.

User

I just shoot a lot but don’t know much about guns. So I just load proper and maintain my guns relatively well.

But I’m struggling to understand how “lose” tolerance are better than tight (think girls)? Surely something with smaller tolerances is a better tool for shooting? Seeing its a precision mechanical device.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast