Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hunt Group VM15 semi-auto magazine fed

Pump guns and semi-autos compete in different divisions in IPSC.

It still takes a lot of cash to get that good with a semi. A good pump shooter is amazing to watch.The older Beretta A300 and the likes of the Auto 5 are very reliable and comparatively cheap but parts are a problem hence the price.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    So a serious question then. I have a mate of mine who actually owns a 1301, hence I'm quite familiar with it. I've seen him shoot 5 plates at Steel Challenge in 1.5sec, how in the world do you compete with that sort of speed in a 3 Gun match using a basic pump?
    Also pumping a pump is always quicker than clearing a stoppage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    So a serious question then. I have a mate of mine who actually owns a 1301, hence I'm quite familiar with it. I've seen him shoot 5 plates at Steel Challenge in 1.5sec, how in the world do you compete with that sort of speed in a 3 Gun match using a basic pump?
    There's a springbok going to world shoot that ran his pump in open the last nationals. He is super fast

User

I'm all for buying a quality gun with proven durability and local back-up. Having admitted that, I have bought a Turkish semi-auto shotty. It cost me all of R5k and has not missed a beat yet. Early days yet, I know. As the round count climbs, it could have issues and part availability is questionable. But at R5k, I can just have it scrapped and buy another one, and another, before it will cost me as much as any of the reputable ones.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I'm all for buying a quality gun with proven durability and local back-up. Having admitted that, I have bought a Turkish semi-auto shotty. It cost me all of R5k and has not missed a beat yet. Early days yet, I know. As the round count climbs, it could have issues and part availability is questionable. But at R5k, I can just have it scrapped and buy another one, and another, before it will cost me as much as any of the reputable ones.
    Which one?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by batman69 View Post
    Which one?
    Hatsan. Sold locally as Guerilla.

User

I like the semi auto idea but if it isnt reliable its useless.
    I bought a cheapy turkish pump action as a first shotty, if it lasts ill keep using it, if it breaks ill upgrade to either another better quality pump action shotty or if reliability have been achieved /proven with semi auto shottys maybe ill get one

User

Turkish shotgun quality has come a long way. I own semis in every price range from FABARM down to Turkish made Weatherbys. The Weatherbys stack up rather well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    To revive an old thread: how is the Turkish shotgun keeping up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast