Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shotgun bolt Jam - Benelli M2

I bought by Benelli M2 about 9 months ago. It started giving me endless Issues about 3 weeks ago, where as the bolt "locks" back at the rear, with the lifter still in the downwards position, and a shell on top of the lifter. (Please note- Mag tube NOT empty yet, and still a few shells inside) The "Next" step for the bolt should be to move forward into battery. From all the way back position, the bolt SHOULD start to move forward. Then(About 3-5mm from the back), the lifter must lift the shell, and the bolt pushes the shell into the chamber... but it does not happen. The bolt locks at the back. I know for sure that it is the Breech Bolt Latch that is giving me trouble. When I say "The bolt locks at the back..." it is a "soft" lock, and with forward assistance (hitting the bolt handle) or by hitting the Shell carrier from the bottom, it goes into battery...

I did the More oil-less oil-different ammo-bla-bla things already, and is not solving the issue. No aftermarket stuff fitted...

If I remove the trigger guard assembly, and pull the bolt all the way back, is does not get stuck at all.

Anyone else with the same Issues? How did you fix it? Where can I buy a Breech Bolt Latch?

User

Quote Originally Posted by OzzytheMozzy View Post
    I bought by Benelli M2 about 9 months ago. It started giving me endless Issues about 3 weeks ago, where as the bolt "locks" back at the rear, with the lifter still in the downwards position, and a shell on top of the lifter. (Please note- Mag tube NOT empty yet, and still a few shells inside) The "Next" step for the bolt should be to move forward into battery. From all the way back position, the bolt SHOULD start to move forward. Then(About 3-5mm from the back), the lifter must lift the shell, and the bolt pushes the shell into the chamber... but it does not happen. The bolt locks at the back. I know for sure that it is the Breech Bolt Latch that is giving me trouble. When I say "The bolt locks at the back..." it is a "soft" lock, and with forward assistance (hitting the bolt handle) or by hitting the Shell carrier from the bottom, it goes into battery...

I did the More oil-less oil-different ammo-bla-bla things already, and is not solving the issue. No aftermarket stuff fitted...

If I remove the trigger guard assembly, and pull the bolt all the way back, is does not get stuck at all.

Anyone else with the same Issues? How did you fix it? Where can I buy a Breech Bolt Latch?

Why not take it back to the shop you bought it from? It should have some form of warranty

User

Default Re: Shotgun bolt Jam - Benelli M2

Have you cleaned it recently?

Suburban guns have a lot of spares have a chat with Richard. While you are at it get a tti lifter from them might fix your problem but regardless is a massive improvement on the stock lifter.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

The soft lock as you refer,relates to a dirty gun. It happens to my M2 at around the 750 round mark. A good clean and lube with benelli oil fixes it up.

User

Please let us know what your findings are

What ammo are you using for interest sake. Did you run some heavy loads through it in the beginning?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I spoke to the gunshop, and a few Benelli owners on the range also. Everyone is saying I must NOT use the Benelli oil supplied with the shotgun. Lol, I thought it was Angel Piss and used it sparingly and with alot of confidence. Apparently this is rubbish. I bought a heavier oil (EWL30) and will lube the crap out of it and do a test.

Craig mentioned that the soft lock is due to a dirty gun. Very true, but also, what I realized is, the WRONG oil with a clean gun will do the same. The supplied Benelli oil does this. I used normal 15W40 car oil as a test last night, and the gun did not soft lock.

Ammo I am using: Mostly Imperial or Fiocchi. Alway 28g. Ran about 1000 rounds before the first slug/Buck

Also interesting- I tested a Brand new Benelli in the shop yesterday. It soft lock also... So this is NOT a defect, and eased my mind ALOT...

User

Glad to hear you have found the culprit!
    Mental note to self, Keep Benelli Oil as a keepsake, not for lubing ;)

Glad that you have 'come right' OzzytheMozzy.
    I have been using Brian Eno's Slide Glide, both the standard and the lite on all of my firearms for a while now.
    I am pleased with it, but in reality as I do not get to shot as often as I would like, I don't really know what its long term suitability is.
    Anybody who uses it and 'shoots a lot' have any thoughts?
    Regards.
    Keith.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast