Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MOVIE: HOSTILES

User

Default Re: MOVIE: HOSTILES

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    I have several Comanche arrowhead points that I found on our property. Many years ago they were very common it this area of Texas. Of the American indians they were the toughest and bravest tribe. About 10km south of us the Texas Rangers had a big battle with a war party of Comanches that had attack several farms in 1839.
    Nice Krieg's!!! If you ever get the chance put a picture up of those, unless of course they are stashed away somewhere. Lot's of cool history in Texas, Texas Rangers have a hell of a rep.

I really enjoyed Hostiles. Watched it a few days ago. It had around a 62% rating at Rotten Tomatoes when I looked it up but it's in the 70's now. Cinematography is excellent and as mentioned it's slow moving and quite deep. Definitely takes a look at PTSD, even in that era......the toll "unconventional" combat can take on a person. A little predictable in places, except the ending of their actual journey (not the end of the movie), which I really didn't expect. It's a very brutal film in places.

Excellent movie, just don't expect a fast action paced drama and as mentioned by KK20, you might want to be in the right frame of mind when you decide to watch it...a slow moving, sometimes plodding, deep emotional drama interspersed with brutal fight scenes. It's heavy but very good.

Just as an aside.......

Bale
    can be an exceptional actor at times......but he can also be a major asshole to work with. I'm sure you have all heard his meltdown on set during a Terminator movie. Legendary....not in a good way. Method actors! He later apologized but what else could he do.....his rant carried a risk to how the movie did at the box office, since it was recorded and went viral. I have to be honest....I'm not good like that...getting yelled at. Had he yelled at me on set, in front of everyone.....I would have gone off on him before going to get my shit and leave. Not physical...just verbal. Nobody needs to get treated like that by anyone. I don't care who the offender is, biggest Director in Hollywood.....I would tell him to go fuck himself and deal with the effect to my career afterwards.

This is why I try stay out of actors ways at all times unless they offer themselves as approachable....and even then.......it's better to stick to your business on set and for sure stay out of their eyeline when they are rehearsing a scene or when they are in it. If I am in a position where I am placed in the actors eyeline......like I'm safety-ing one of the two stands holding a big frame of diffusion or bounce material......when they call "Rolling" I look down at the ground and stay that way until they call "Cut". You do NOT want to make eye contact with the actor or actress during a scene. It will not work out good for you, particularly if the actor/actress is a jerk. Usually the thespian will mention it (either calmly or make a huge scene about it) to the 1st AD who will make a loud announcement on set to stay out of the actors eyeline......while glancing your way so you know they know it was you. If it happened again it would go downhill from there.

Sometimes as with Bale......they go directly to you and embark on a rant. The hell with that!!

User

Like Tom Cruise said " acting is as difficult as the fighting in Astan".

https://imgur.com/gallery/51cSJGg

User

Everyone has bad days and made mistakes on the job, if they say they haven’t, they are lying

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    It is very realistic. I have several Comanche arrowhead points that I found on our property. Many years ago they were very common it this area of Texas. Of the American indians they were the toughest and bravest tribe. About 10km south of us the Texas Rangers had a big battle with a war party of Comanches that had attack several farms in 1839.
    A family friend that has a farm in North Dakota which has been in the family since the 1800. Has over the years picked up bits and pieces on the land and has built up a collection.
    What is so interesting is to me is the history of RSA and USA in the same period ( the 1820s, 1860s, !879 etc )
    live out your imagination , not your history.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2