Thread: Sig v Glock

Default Sig v Glock

Having purchased a 9mm, I now want to get a .45
    I have looked at the Sig p320 .45 and really like it but the gun shop is trying to dissuade me saying that the after sales service on the Glock is much better. Any thoughts? Personally I would love to get a Colt or S&W, but I can't seem to find any in the Cape

User

Default Re: Sig v Glock

Any decent gunshop in Cape Town can order you a Colt.

Sweet. I'll try another store. The shop where I have been seems hellbent on selling only Glock. (not that I have a problem with Glock....only with the lack of choice)

User

If you want the gun for anything serious they’re doing you a favour.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Slivvtheshiv View Post
    Sweet. I'll try another store. The shop where I have been seems hellbent on selling only Glock. (not that I have a problem with Glock....only with the lack of choice)
    In this case I think that the shop may only have your best interests at heart, so do not judge them too harshly :)

Glock makes a better 45. Colt makes a better 1911

If you are a fan of the caliber, you really should have one of each. I suggest a G21 for the one, and a new one for the other.

The Glock has a rail, but the 1911 has a legacy
    The Glock has backup service, but the 1911 has a cult
    The Glock is reliable, but the 1911 gets you the girl
    The Glock is the one you marry, but the 1911 is what you want to take home and shag
    The Glock has more than 8 rounds, but he 1911 is what Jesus would do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    In this case I think that the shop may only have your best interests at heart, so do not judge them too harshly :)

Glock makes a better 45. Colt makes a better 1911

If you are a fan of the caliber, you really should have one of each. I suggest a G21 for the one, and a new one for the other.

The Glock has a rail, but the 1911 has a legacy
    The Glock has backup service, but the 1911 has a cult
    The Glock is reliable, but the 1911 gets you the girl
    The Glock is the one you marry, but the 1911 is what you want to take home and shag
    The Glock has more than 8 rounds, but he 1911 is what Jesus would do.
    Will definitely keep this in mind!

And the Sig?

And the SIG ...
    'nuff said.

And the Sig?

User

And the Sig?
    Don't put it down suddenly... They get separation anxiety or something.
    Don't feed them factory FMJ ammo...they get finicky (according to some reports). But real operators only use G2 RIP so its a bit of a non issue for "operators".

User

I have a Colt Mark IV Series 80, love it to bits! Shoots like a dream, but I fight with it in competition (Soft IT hands and all) and look jealously at the guys running Glock 21's in the same division as they throw their mags at the mag well and they seat, mags dropped in sand continue to work, slide stop works flawlessly, weirdly shaped ammo, no probs...

You buy a 1911 if you are a gun nut and want to fight a little bit, but oh the satisfaction when it comes right!

I am personally not a Glock fan, they tend to bite me and the triggers leave a little to be desired in my personal opinion. I went the Sig route, though not the typical route, I got myself a P227. It's more expensive than a G21, holds less rounds and parts and mags are definitely scarcer. Would I change my choice? Not a sausage.
    The P320 45 is a good second choice, but I have a Signess for the Classic range of Sig pistols