Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Question Extended magazine for pump action model - does it exist / possible?

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an extended magazine for a pump action shot gun?
    Refering to an actual magazine that fit vertically in the slot under the gun in order to provide extra round capacity since the magazine tube is obviously impractical to extend and will look a bit weird if its longer than the barrel.

User

Default Re: Extended magazine for pump action model - does it exist / possible?

Alot of shotguns have extended magazine tubes. Depends also on how much rounds you want. Most run 9rounds.

User

Oh i see, thank you for info

User

Alternatively Mossberg and Remington now offer magazine fed versions of their popular shotguns

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/p...n/model-870-dm

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590m-mag-fed/

If however you want to look at Semi Autos, the there are even more options, the Saiga, Vepr, MK1919 plus a number of others

User

I've reached the point that shotguns with magazine tubes shorter than their barrels just look wrong to me.

User

Extensions for pump action guns are possible on some guns, not all. Winchester 500 requires fitting a different tube, the 590 can just have an extension fitted(also a longer spring). Very much depends on the design of the magtube on your gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Extensions for pump action guns are possible on some guns, not all. Winchester 500 requires fitting a different tube, the 590 can just have an extension fitted(also a longer spring). Very much depends on the design of the magtube on your gun.
    Mossberg

User

Thank you for the links Speed_Freak, i like the idea of a magazine fed shotgun - faster to reload.
    I recently bought a pump action, stores 6 in the tube and one in the chamber.
    Wondering if its possible to use a combination of tube and magazine.
    And if a magazine is available for mine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I've reached the point that shotguns with magazine tubes shorter than their barrels just look wrong to me.
    But this is just plain sexy ;)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed1 View Post
    Thank you for the links Speed_Freak, i like the idea of a magazine fed shotgun - faster to reload.
    I recently bought a pump action, stores 6 in the tube and one in the chamber.
    Wondering if its possible to use a combination of tube and magazine.
    And if a magazine is available for mine.
    Upgrading a Tube fed gun to a Mag fed gun is very likely going to cause reliability issues.
    Ideally you should choose what suits your requirements best.

If you have a mainstream pump action, you will likely be able to get a mag tube extension.
    As a SD based shotgun, that will push the length to make it unwieldy in close quarters.

My M4 is a 7+1, perfectly good for a home gun, my M2 SP is a 10+1 but that is pure sport gun
    My Saiga (mag fed) is 8+1, but reloads take practice since it rocks in like an AK, and with a bolt closed, takes some force and manipulation

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast