User

Default Walther PPK 9mm short

A retired friend has a Walther PPK 9mm short that he wants to sell. It was purchased in 1990 but hasn't fired more than 50 rounds over this period. How much should he ask for it?

Regards

User

Default Re: Walther PPK 9mm short

I've seen these vary in price between R3k - R6k.

Suppose it all depends on its novelty value.

It's not an ideal SD calibre.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

User

It has a good reputation for reliability but it's not an ideal CCW due to it's weak stopping power, low magazine capacity, heavy weight for a pistol of it's size and strange place for controls, like the magazine release.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    It has a good reputation for reliability but it's not an ideal CCW due to it's weak stopping power, low magazine capacity, heavy weight for a pistol of it's size and strange place for controls, like the magazine release.
    Hey, it was good enough for James Bond, in 7,65 nogal:) Sure, it's not a Glock 43, but it's not far off from a Glock 42. The ones I've seen were reliable and accurate. The magazine release in my own PP and all PPK's I've seen was in the usual place, behind the trigger guard.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    Hey, it was good enough for James Bond, in 7,65 nogal:) Sure, it's not a Glock 43, but it's not far off from a Glock 42. The ones I've seen were reliable and accurate. The magazine release in my own PP and all PPK's I've seen was in the usual place, behind the trigger guard.
    the mag release is slightly higher but behind the trigger guard. See photo

Regards

User

OK, so it is a Manurhin. My understanding is that they were really well made but are worth significantly less than the branded Walthers. I stand to be corrected on this

User

Quote Originally Posted by greg.hart@mweb.co.za View Post
    the mag release is slightly higher but behind the trigger guard. See photo
    Regards
    OK, I thought you meant a latch under the butt, as in the Ruger Mk I or Bernardelli. Yes, it is slightly higher than in a Glock or Browning, but I personally have not had any difficulty reaching and activating the magazine latch in my PP.

Mint condition Manhurin PPK I would say R2000 to R3000. Mint GERMAN PPK would be R2500 to R4500.

I own a German PPK in 32ACP myself. Excellent firearms. And the fixed barrel makes this super accurate. Nice for pocket pistol sport shooting. There are better choices for AS.

User

image.jpgI only recently retired my Walther PPK made in the USA after I acquired a Glock 43 for backup to my Glock 19.