Default 300 BLk - Practical use feedback....

Hi ... the 300 BLk has been around now for sometime. Am curoius to hear from owners, what has been there experience with the calibre.
    - Ammo availability
    - Reloading (component avaiibility, what bullet sizes work/don't, which powders work/don't etc)
    - Reliability
    - Platform use - sport shooter, hunter etc and your experience.
    - How does it compared to other your 223 or 7,62 platform you have
    - Anything else you would like to share

It would be nice to hear from owenrs after the initial hype, whether the calibre has lived up to that hype.
    Some honest feedback of your experience living with the calibre/platform.

Tx

User

Default Re: 300 BLk - Practical use feedback....

Armed, I don't know whether you have gone through the following older thread yet and found answers? :

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...Blackout-bende

Then, a forum user named Hobbes also published his personal extensive load development using local bullets and powders, but I can't seem to dredge it up using the search function, perhaps you can find more there.

Either way, I would also like to hear more recent feedback from the guys, so also watching with interest. My 300 BLK carbine licence is in the offing.

Tx StanCT... awesome thread. Seems like there will need to be a AR 300 BLk in the future to complement the AR223 and the FN.

User

If you search this forum's archives, there are a number of additional threads related to 300 BLK, that I found quite educational.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed View Post
    Seems like there will need to be a AR 300 BLk in the future to complement the AR223 and the FN.
    A few of us have bought http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/speci...ackout_kmr.php

which you can order from the USA through Gerrit at Hailstorm. The bare, basic rifle worked out to about R43K, excluding any add-ons.

From what I've read, BCM's rifles seem to be amongst the top-tier, high-spec makes available, but at a comparatively good price point.

However, I do get the impression that if you do not plan to load your own ammo, or even cast & powder coat your bullets, that it will be quite expensive to shoot regularly.

I do hope that factory ammo will become more affordable.

User

Armed, if you like, you can drop me a PM with your email address and I can send you the PDF with my load data.