Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 Question

Banned

Default Re: CZ P07 Question

Just get a pack of 25 Pa Maak Patrone and test and see.

I’d rather get S&B than support Piet Marais Patrone.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I haven't had my p07 for very long.

I have shot 550 rounds of S&B RN 115gr without a single FTF.

Does the hammer make an indentation on the rounds that do not fire?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Methinks it’s that kak called Maxxtech.

P07s aren’t known for light strikes.
    Only possible conclusion.
    OP, its a hammer gun, did you pull the trigger again on the failed round to see if it goes then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    Only possible conclusion.
    OP, its a hammer gun, did you pull the trigger again on the failed round to see if it goes then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I did not. Will do it next time

User

Skaaphaas I’ve gone through at least a case of Maxxtech without any failure to fire. Shot thru various Glocks and HiPowers.

User

Are you seeing a dimple in the primers of the one's that FTF?

Pull the firing pin and clean all around the area...maybe some sort of debris left in there from manufacturing. I started having this FTF problem on my M&P 9mm Pro Series during a Tier 1 combat class-basic level.I must have had 15 or so instances of FTF. Which in and of itself was not too bad because I had the opportunity to practice my stoppage clearing drills while in a string of live fire. Tap, rack, fire! Gotta see the positive!

I had bought 1000 rounds of Speer/CCI "range" type ammo and thought it was just the ammo because I had never used that particular stuff before. But then I tried some good ammo that I knew..... and had another FTF. Small little dimple in the primer, just like the Speer stuff.

When I got home I pulled the firing pin and found all this fine brass debris around the tip of the firing pin and the hole it comes through. Probably coming up off the primers after many firings......usually I just clean out the trigger group area and the barrel when I clean and once in a while pull the firing pin. I'll now do it more often. I used an aerosol degreaser/cleaner spray to clean out the entire area including the channel in the slide etc and applied some lube.......went to the Intermediate level class the following weekend, shot the same ammo and did not have a single FTF.

Now your gun is brand new. So it won't be a buildup of primer material. But perhaps a tiny piece of metal filing or shaving or whatever, just metal "dirt"....is in there. Check it out at least. And don't just clean. Inspect first. Use a clean white cloth to wipe off the parts and look closely for any debris. Take a long shaft Q-tip like the wooden one's they use for cleaning electronic parts and in music studio's where they use tape machines.....and run it down to the inside of the firing pin hole.....rotate it and pull it out to inspect what it picked up. Also, I use an Optivisor because of my eyes which really helps me see tiny debris and stuff.

You want to identify the problem or lack of problem....so you can look elsewhere if required.

I'd even say go straight to the firing pin/striker and if you find some dirt.....stop right there after cleaning that area.....then go shoot and see if it stopped the FTF problem.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    Are you seeing a dimple in the primers of the one's that FTF?

Pull the firing pin and clean all around the area...maybe some sort of debris left in there from manufacturing. I started having this FTF problem on my M&P 9mm Pro Series during a Tier 1 combat class-basic level.I must have had 15 or so instances of FTF. Which in and of itself was not too bad because I had the opportunity to practice my stoppage clearing drills while in a string of live fire. Tap, rack, fire! Gotta see the positive!

I had bought 1000 rounds of Speer/CCI "range" type ammo and thought it was just the ammo because I had never used that particular stuff before. But then I tried some good ammo that I knew..... and had another FTF. Small little dimple in the primer, just like the Speer stuff.

When I got home I pulled the firing pin and found all this fine brass debris around the tip of the firing pin and the hole it comes through. Probably coming up off the primers after many firings......usually I just clean out the trigger group area and the barrel when I clean and once in a while pull the firing pin. I'll now do it more often. I used an aerosol degreaser/cleaner spray to clean out the entire area including the channel in the slide etc and applied some lube.......went to the Intermediate level class the following weekend, shot the same ammo and did not have a single FTF.

Now your gun is brand new. So it won't be a buildup of primer material. But perhaps a tiny piece of metal filing or shaving or whatever, just metal "dirt"....is in there. Check it out at least. And don't just clean. Inspect first. Use a clean white cloth to wipe off the parts and look closely for any debris. Take a long shaft Q-tip like the wooden one's they use for cleaning electronic parts and in music studio's where they use tape machines.....and run it down to the inside of the firing pin hole.....rotate it and pull it out to inspect what it picked up. Also, I use an Optivisor because of my eyes which really helps me see tiny debris and stuff.

You want to identify the problem or lack of problem....so you can look elsewhere if required.

I'd even say go straight to the firing pin/striker and if you find some dirt.....stop right there after cleaning that area.....then go shoot and see if it stopped the FTF problem.
    Thanks. Will do that. I am going this weekend again. Will update

User

My P07 also eats up everything I feed it...I can't speak for this ammo however.

User

Whilst doing the above-mentioned checks make sure that your magazine is seated properly. The CZ's (Duty and P07) mags need a bit of persuation to be correctly seated (don't be fooled by the click you hear) and it is possible that your hand may be pressing against the mag release when firing.
    [You said tap/rack was resolving and it ran well in the lady's firearm ]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast