Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Movie: Siege at jadotville

The Irish government treated them like kak when they returned home. The Mrs. was born and raised in County Kilkenny. The first time I heard about this fight was back in the 70’s. My BIL and I were out hunting with an older gentleman, a man that had that”warrior” way about. At the end of the day we went back to his place,enjoyed a great meal and sat down
    telling hunting and fishing stories. Since I was the guest on his hunting land I provided the libations for the evening, a quart of 100 proof W.L. Weller. As the evening progressed the stories went from hunting game to hunting men. Then the African stories came out. I had not been aware of the Irish involvement until that evening. There was a lot of bitterness and a resignation to the political realities all soldiers put up with. It wasn’t until after the movie came out that they got any recognition for what they did.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    Then the African stories came out.
    Ah yes...those.

User

Default Re: MOVIE: Siege at jadotville

This has been in my Netflix list for about a year now. Never got around to watching it.

I'll definitely make a plan to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: MOVIE: Siege at jadotville

Not knowing about this thread I came across this movie on Netflix today. I watched it and enjoyed it.

A piece of history buried under political expediency.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Texasproud View Post
    The Irish government treated them like kak when they returned home. The Mrs. was born and raised in County Kilkenny. The first time I heard about this fight was back in the 70’s. My BIL and I were out hunting with an older gentleman, a man that had that”warrior” way about. At the end of the day we went back to his place,enjoyed a great meal and sat down
    telling hunting and fishing stories. Since I was the guest on his hunting land I provided the libations for the evening, a quart of 100 proof W.L. Weller. As the evening progressed the stories went from hunting game to hunting men. Then the African stories came out. I had not been aware of the Irish involvement until that evening. There was a lot of bitterness and a resignation to the political realities all soldiers put up with. It wasn’t until after the movie came out that they got any recognition for what they did.
    Look up a place called Spionkop in County Wicklow..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Look up a place called Spionkop in County Wicklow..
    The Boeres won I believe, I know a little history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2