Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default MOVIE: 12 STRONG

Just watched this last night. Really enjoyed it. It's about a special forces team that is sent into Afghanistan to hook up with the Northern Alliance leader and take control of a city in Northern Afghanistan from the Taliban. They end up becoming horse soldiers, not something they anticipated at all...command and control didn't even know it would be that way.

The movie has some issues.......which I'll leave out so as not to be spoiler material. Thing is though....the part that was hard to believe for me.....is actually how it happened. It's based on a true story. But there are a lot of battle scenes and they are enjoyable. If you watch purely for the enjoyment of a good action movie you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for deep emotional content with solid character development etc......you might be.

User

Default Re: 12 STRONG

Great movie, I really enjoyed it.

User

What got me with this movie is that Chris Hemsworth's character always seems to be firing his M4 on Full Auto / Burst... Even after he get his "killer" eyes.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

For me it was "skop donder n skiet" to pass time.

For me I was annoyed that attention to detail was severely lacking. ( The costumes were incorrect , the dialects were wrong , the culture of food and hospitality was fucked up)

If one wants to dedicate a movie to real life heroes then at least show respect to them and get simple things correct.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Default Re: MOVIE: 12 STRONG

I was definitely not impressed with some aspects. The battle scenes were thrown together haphazardly, continuously cutting between different areas making it difficult to follow. Airstrikes seem to never kill any tanks, and how far he is seems to matter? For why I do not know. On btw, spoler alert.

User

Yeah, that part was ridiculous....

User

just another hollywood high volume shooter, take it at face value guys,

a movie like lone survivor , now that was a goodie in terms of realism

User

13 Hours was also very good and more realistic.

User

Although 13 hours makes me wonder what the actual body count was on the Libyan side. Probably no where near as bad as depicted in the movie.

User

Quote Originally Posted by msw View Post
    Although 13 hours makes me wonder what the actual body count was on the Libyan side. Probably no where near as bad as depicted in the movie.
    According to the book upon which the movie was based, they did shoot a lot of fighters. The movie used some of the team who were there as technical advisors so I think it was as realistic as possible but of course it is a movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast