Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Attach GOSA certificate to application ?

Is it a good idea to attach your Gun Owners SA membership certificate to an application or will it be regarded as arrogant?
    Last edited by Skaaphaas; 08-05-2018 at 12:12.

User

Default Re: Attach GASA certificate to application ?

I’ve attached it to my last two applications, and made mention of such in my motivation. If anything I’d hope it would serve as a warning for whomever decides to decline my application that there should be very good reason to do so.

User

Another good reason to attach it, would be to give another indication of "I am a member of an association which believes in the safe and legal use of firearms" (and so forth).

User

Thanks
    Just joined. GOLD
    Actually feels good.

User

Is GASA almost the same as GOSA?

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    Is GASA almost the same as GOSA?
    Yas

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I am attaching it with all applications. Not be arrogant. Description on motivation to be:
    "Find attached as Annexure XYZ my GOSA memeber certificate as proof that I am concerned about legalities and am law abiding regarding fire arm ownership and use. As a member of GOSA I am constantly informed about the law and legal aspects and are thus up to date regarding new rules and regulations that might be implemented.

Something of that sorts...

User

I also attach a PAJA Request form.

REQUEST FOR A PRIOR NOTICE Attachment to my application

REQUEST FOR A PRIOR NOTICE AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE REPRESENTATIONS BEFORE THE DECISION IS MADE.
    (Section 3(2) of thePromotion of the Administrative Justice Act 3 of 2000 (PAJA)

I have applied for A Competency Certificate and a Licence To Possess A Firearm

Please take note that, if you want to refuse my application, I would like to be informed / notified about your intention beforeyou make the decision. I herewith request that your notice of that intention must be accompanied by the written reasons why you want to refuse my application. You must also give me a reasonable time / opportunity to submit representations to you on why your decision should not be against me.According to section 3(2) of the PAJA I am legally entitled to have my application processed as requested. If this is not done the decision is procedurally unfair and I may submit an internal appeal or may ask for a judicial review against such a decision.

Thank you in advance for complying with my procedural rights in this administrative procedure.

With kind regards
    (Name)

Signature: _____________________

Postal Address:

Electronic Mail Address:
    Telephone No:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Botha View Post
    I also attach a PAJA Request form.

REQUEST FOR A PRIOR NOTICE Attachment to my application

REQUEST FOR A PRIOR NOTICE AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE REPRESENTATIONS BEFORE THE DECISION IS MADE.
    (Section 3(2) of thePromotion of the Administrative Justice Act 3 of 2000 (PAJA)

I have applied for A Competency Certificate and a Licence To Possess A Firearm

Please take note that, if you want to refuse my application, I would like to be informed / notified about your intention beforeyou make the decision. I herewith request that your notice of that intention must be accompanied by the written reasons why you want to refuse my application. You must also give me a reasonable time / opportunity to submit representations to you on why your decision should not be against me.According to section 3(2) of the PAJA I am legally entitled to have my application processed as requested. If this is not done the decision is procedurally unfair and I may submit an internal appeal or may ask for a judicial review against such a decision.

Thank you in advance for complying with my procedural rights in this administrative procedure.

With kind regards
    (Name)

Signature: _____________________

Postal Address:

Electronic Mail Address:
    Telephone No:
    Morning Gents,

Is this really legit and does the CFR follow this procedure before making a decision to decline?

User

My App was approved, so I don't know if they follow this. But PAJA is real.
    When I was doing my application I got the recommendation from this site to add it. I added it anyway, my DFO did read it in front of me and placed it into his file.

Just like the GOSA membership I think it acts as a deterrent to CFR, messing us around with fake made up laws.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast