Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I handed an application in for a .357 Mag Revolver the same day as my application for the 10/22 now approved. My DFO then combined these applications into one document. The .357 Mag Revolver was "Preliminary APPROVED" since May, but the approval never came through as it was together with the SLR application that was in the process and taking longer because SLR's do take longer than other licenses. So now when the SLR application was finalised the revolver application was also at last moving from Preliminary approved to approved sms received at the same time as the sms for SLR.

From this I deduct "Prelimanary", whether approved or refused, is some sort of administrative prefix for CFR to better understand where a license application is in the process.

So I waited just as long for the revolver final approval as for the SLR, although the revolver was prelimanry approved many moons previously.
    My DFO bundled my 3 apps together too, discarding some of the "duplicate" documents, I really hope that is not the cause of this fuckery.

Anyways, lets see what comes out in the wash tomorrow.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but I don't see an email address for Sac Julies.

I'm on 97 working days now, and haven't received any response to my previous email, but I will send another one now to include Colonel Simelane.
    The reply email came from cfrenquiries@saps.gov.za so I can only assume he/she mans the desk at the enquiries section... Great, he's gonna know I posted his details and nail my refusal to my forehead. hahaha, just kidding. Try it. Good luck.

User

Default Re: Anyone have a semi-auto rifle or shotgun approved lately?

Had my semi Auto shotgun approved today after 107 working days in the system. I have sent an email twice a day to the address provided earlier on the tread, for two days. Got a reply from Sac Julies that Simelane should give this attention. Today I got an approval SMS. Sac also emailed from cfrenquiries@saps.gov.za

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

That combining of applications I believe is part or whole of the problem. I went seriously beserk when the DFO started to pull out my nicely bound pages of all sorts and throwing it away as it was duplicates and then combined them. I insisted on having it back and then sorted it neatly in the DFO office in some sort of order and stapled it together again.

If I ever want to hand in more than one application together again, I will certainly take the time and effort and hand in one application and follow up with the next one after a week or two.

I was lucky, I handed in my Section 13 Pistol and Section 16 SLR at the same time, it was bundled together, but when it reached the CFR it was split nicely, the section 13 has been approved for a few months now, with card in hand, the section 16 I am busy appealing, was refused about 2 months after the section 13 was approved

Just got a message that license for my Stag has been refused. Submitted end of June.

Now to wait for the refusal letter and then appeal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    Just got a message that license for my Stag has been refused. Submitted end of June.

Now to wait for the refusal letter and then appeal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear. My Saiga AK has been preliminarily refused.

Get the printout from your DFO, no need to wait for it to be sent.

User

Looks like it's refusal Friday.

Buddy just got refused on an AR.

User

Just got the SMS now. refused.

User

Not sure if all these refusals are legit but should you not notify GOSA or Saga or the groups that are fighting for us about this ?
    Some of these refusals seem ridicules
    Good luck guys
    Waiting for mine aswell

Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast